+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rafa no leadership no ambition no idea

rafa no leadership no ambition no idea

that was shocking tonight

to loose to a chaps side at home from one nil up is shocking

blame rafa

if he cant get games out of the likes of mistertrick aarons diame murphy diame mbemba hanley he needs gone

last season in a team that was predicted to win the league with those players and then the likes of murphy who he brought for the prem along with lascelles ritchie etc

i was expecting an easy win even playing a lot of the deadwood that was brought to win the fizzy ay home in front of our fans

again his side were out fought out thought and out played

again we are loosing and he takes a striker of and replaces him with a striker
    not once did he think about putting maybe two prem quality strikers on and making it hard for them

he can moan about transfers etc

but ge gas more than enough to be able to beat the likes of forest at home

dinosaur

Pboro you've lasted almost 2 hours before commented I'm impressed.

He did get games out of Mitro and Aarons, they were both very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Pboro you've lasted almost 2 hours before commented I'm impressed.

He did get games out of Mitro and Aarons, they were both very good.
    mitro was missing most the first half after scoring

did you watch it

players rafa has brought in an coached for a year r so were out played

hanley dreadfull
    gamez awfull

saivet someone he wants gone wasnt the worst on the pitch

mistertrick afetr scoring fizzled right out

if it wasnt for darlow we would have been dead and buried by half time

steryy and brasselar need gone

he should have blooded them more last season

he is doing them no favours playing them in such an unsettle side ,this would have done their confidence no good what so ever

Didn't watch - listened on radio, saw BBC updates and watched the bits on SSN they showed.

They all indicated that Mitro did well, now you hate Mitro for whatever reason. So i suspect that blinds you to him having any aspect of a good game.

Hanley and Gamez - they were being put out for shop window (which will have backfired ) and so that Lascelles and Clark didn't play and are fresh for Hammers game.

Sterry, personally i think is decent, however you are right this unsettled side wasn't good for him.
    Brasselar you're probs right. If not gone he certainly needs a season long loan in a champ side.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

blame rafa

if he cant get games out of the likes of mistertrick aarons diame murphy diame mbemba hanley he needs gone

last season in a team that was predicted to win the league with those players and then the likes of murphy who he brought for the prem along with lascelles ritchie etc

i was expecting an easy win even playing a lot of the deadwood that was brought to win the fizzy ay home in front of our fans

not once did he think about putting maybe two prem quality strikers on and making it hard for them

dinosaur
    If you stick your head out of the negative cloud that you sit in, you might notice that we played much better in the second half than the first. Any ideas why? Couldnīt have been a tactical change could it?

I suppose Rafa tipped those two free Diame headers over the bar, as well, and told our defence to stop marking for two of their goals?

We were by far the better team in the last 75 minutes but we lost that part of the game 1-0. Thatīs football and the luck runs against you when you need it the most.

They put the effort in (for me, thatīs a minimum requirement but there have been many performances in the past where we havenīt) and itīs times like this that real supporters get behind their team and manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Didn't watch - listened on radio, saw BBC updates and watched the bits on SSN they showed.

They all indicated that Mitro did well, now you hate Mitro for whatever reason. So i suspect that blinds you to him having any aspect of a good game.

Hanley and Gamez - they were being put out for shop window (which will have backfired ) and so that Lascelles and Clark didn't play and are fresh for Hammers game.

Sterry, personally i think is decent, however you are right this unsettled side wasn't good for him.
    Brasselar you're probs right. If not gone he certainly needs a season long loan in a champ side.
    mitro was out the game most of it after scoring

being put in the shop window or not they were both brought to win the fizzy last season

against the likes of forest from tonight

and to a man apart from maybe aarons were dire

the team had a great chance to gain some confidence with a win tonight and take that into the west ham game

now we have players knackered mitro played a 100 minutes plus and if gayle is injured means we will have to go with joselwho

w ehave players lacking confidence
    we are out the cup (another funding stream)

and go into the west ham game in complet dissaray

.. Mackem cnut ..

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

blame rafa

dinosaur

I am starting to come around to a lot of what pboromag is saying. We cannot keep defending the indefensible. Last night regardless of who played well they lost against a lower division team they beat last year.

Rafa's tactics again showed too much rigidity. At 2-2 he should have sent in two strikers nothing to lose, especially when we went on to lose in extra time. If your players are playing overall, generally well, as Rafa has told us on three occasions then god help us when they have a dip in form.

We will need a lucky break to get anything out of the West Ham game.

Whilst I am behind my team and Manager (Remember) Pardew, Gullit, Souness. Dalgliesh, there comes a point when you can legitimately criticise either the players, manager or both. Time to shake heads and rattle there bones.
    Last edited by Curian; 24-08-2017 at 02:30 PM.

He is to stubborn to change tactics and formations. And way to loyal to certain players

It does seem odd to me that a manager who has always been feted for his tactical nous sticks so rigidly to one formation. I mean, if it worked like old versions of Championship Manager where you could find a killer formation that dominated everyone else that'd be one thing... but in the real world most top managers adapt their formation to suit the situation the team finds itself in. I still think sticking with Rafa is by far the best option available to us though - I dread to see who we end up with if he leaves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)