+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wake up

God forbid that we ever have player and referee ratings with the agendas that fans have against some players and most referees.
    As for fantasy football, that just about fits into the fantasy world of 'reality' that seems to exist these days.
    Never mind, it takes all sorts.
    I think that Newcastle lost --- there are lots of Geordies up here walking around moaning like hell. What a shame.

Newcastle lost 3-2 and are desperate enough to think our Ashley Barnes will ease their woes...

http://futnsoccer.com/2017/08/24/new...eague-forward/

Quote Originally Posted by Cudareli View Post
    I signed up to this forum for no other reason than to question why you do things the way you do.

I am a huge fantasy football player and browse club forums regularly to get an idea of where sides are at, etc. Out of the 20 clubs in the league, I can hand on my heart say this is the worst forum going around.

The level of discussion is poor, the moderators allow useless threads to be created that don't even relate to Burnley and I swear half of the people on here have less of an idea about their own club than I do.

The best forums have relevant match day topics where posters pick their starting 11, then during the game it fills up with comments that actually relate to the game. Instead here a thread is started almost at kick off and it's filled with the same guy posting scores from other games? Do you not realise that we are in 2017 and we all know the scores in other games? On the weekend, you were actually posting scores from the Championship as well which have absolutely zero relevance to Burnley. Focus on Burnley related matters and leave the livescoring to apps like Livescore that give automatic updates. If someone is reading the forum during the game, chances are they also have the live scores open in a separate internet window as well. If someone comes to the forum after the game to read about the performance, chances are they know all the scores from the weekend already.

Also, why is there no player rating thread at the end of the game? This is by far the most viewed thread on all other forums and the most beneficial. It sparks all sorts of discussion, yet for some backwards reason you guys don't have one. No pre-match starting 11 thread, no relevant match discussion thread and not player rating thread, but you do have a whole heap of other useless threads and some guy posting live scores from the Championship.

This post will probably get deleted and frankly, it doesn't bother me. But hopefully someone opens their eyes and realises there is a platform here to have a proper, genuine, useful forum for Burnley related material if you clean this garbage up.
    Looked under your keyboard lately you di*k

Name:  Keyboard-trolling.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  55.1 KB

Personally I prefer this poster to the one who signed up a couple of weeks ago, got loads of welcomes and then vanished into the ether, never to be heard from again. At least this lad has responded and generated some discussion, I've tried to address his points in a reasonable manner, his response, if there is one, should tell us whether we have a troll on our board or not.

I always give anyone the benefit of the doubt, even BT.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Newcastle lost 3-2 and are desperate enough to think our Ashley Barnes will ease their woes...

http://futnsoccer.com/2017/08/24/new...eague-forward/
    Value ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Personally I prefer this poster to the one who signed up a couple of weeks ago, got loads of welcomes and then vanished into the ether, never to be heard from again. At least this lad has responded and generated some discussion, I've tried to address his points in a reasonable manner, his response, if there is one, should tell us whether we have a troll on our board or not.

I always give anyone the benefit of the doubt, even BT.
    Attachment 6104

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Value ?
    £5 million has been muted...

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Value ?
    We paid £1m
    he's valued on Transfermarkt at £2.25m
    But players in demand with two years left like him can fetch treble the current value.
    If no demand and we are desperate to sell we may not get it.
    I think he's worth £5m to us at least.

Potentially £18m for Wood- must be at least £5m for Barnes...

Thread rudely entitled ' Wake up' should give a big clue to the motives of the said poster. Respect Sinkov for the time you put in to giving your response.

The said poster is not the type of football fan we are looking for on here but in a way he should be igniting a debate on current site content.

Even though we are relatively small in number there is too much reliance at the moment on certain posters to start threads eg oldcolner.

Sinkov , try the players ratings thread and I hope you have better luck than me. I tried it when we restarted and gave up after a few weeks. I drew the conclusion that either not enough posters go on games/ watched on line, or couldn't be arsed.

I also think that generally speaking when a non football thread comes up there is as much if not more interest shown than in many football related threads.

One suggestion I will make is about the match day thread. Once the match is over, instead of continuing to post on the thread making points, why not make your points on a separate thread.

I saved my last point to last . BT asked me to do match previews which I enjoy doing. I try to include personal opinions in the hope people will disagree or add to my comments. However sometimes I feel I am wasting my time with the lack of response they bring.

In summary, the OP has come over as a prize prick but similar to Sinkov , the said prick's points shouldn't be all treated with the contempt he has shown this board ie US

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)