+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up

Wake up

I signed up to this forum for no other reason than to question why you do things the way you do.

I am a huge fantasy football player and browse club forums regularly to get an idea of where sides are at, etc. Out of the 20 clubs in the league, I can hand on my heart say this is the worst forum going around.

The level of discussion is poor, the moderators allow useless threads to be created that don't even relate to Burnley and I swear half of the people on here have less of an idea about their own club than I do.

The best forums have relevant match day topics where posters pick their starting 11, then during the game it fills up with comments that actually relate to the game. Instead here a thread is started almost at kick off and it's filled with the same guy posting scores from other games? Do you not realise that we are in 2017 and we all know the scores in other games? On the weekend, you were actually posting scores from the Championship as well which have absolutely zero relevance to Burnley. Focus on Burnley related matters and leave the livescoring to apps like Livescore that give automatic updates. If someone is reading the forum during the game, chances are they also have the live scores open in a separate internet window as well. If someone comes to the forum after the game to read about the performance, chances are they know all the scores from the weekend already.

Also, why is there no player rating thread at the end of the game? This is by far the most viewed thread on all other forums and the most beneficial. It sparks all sorts of discussion, yet for some backwards reason you guys don't have one. No pre-match starting 11 thread, no relevant match discussion thread and not player rating thread, but you do have a whole heap of other useless threads and some guy posting live scores from the Championship.

This post will probably get deleted and frankly, it doesn't bother me. But hopefully someone opens their eyes and realises there is a platform here to have a proper, genuine, useful forum for Burnley related material if you clean this garbage up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cudareli View Post
    I signed up to this forum for no other reason than to question why you do things the way you do.

I am a huge fantasy football player and browse club forums regularly to get an idea of where sides are at, etc. Out of the 20 clubs in the league, I can hand on my heart say this is the worst forum going around.

The level of discussion is poor, the moderators allow useless threads to be created that don't even relate to Burnley and I swear half of the people on here have less of an idea about their own club than I do.

The best forums have relevant match day topics where posters pick their starting 11, then during the game it fills up with comments that actually relate to the game. Instead here a thread is started almost at kick off and it's filled with the same guy posting scores from other games? Do you not realise that we are in 2017 and we all know the scores in other games? On the weekend, you were actually posting scores from the Championship as well which have absolutely zero relevance to Burnley. Focus on Burnley related matters and leave the livescoring to apps like Livescore that give automatic updates. If someone is reading the forum during the game, chances are they also have the live scores open in a separate internet window as well. If someone comes to the forum after the game to read about the performance, chances are they know all the scores from the weekend already.

Also, why is there no player rating thread at the end of the game? This is by far the most viewed thread on all other forums and the most beneficial. It sparks all sorts of discussion, yet for some backwards reason you guys don't have one. No pre-match starting 11 thread, no relevant match discussion thread and not player rating thread, but you do have a whole heap of other useless threads and some guy posting live scores from the Championship.

This post will probably get deleted and frankly, it doesn't bother me. But hopefully someone opens their eyes and realises there is a platform here to have a proper, genuine, useful forum for Burnley related material if you clean this garbage up.
    Bog off then..

Thanks for your input, but you haven't browsed club forums regularly enough have you.

Try having a look at the Blackpool, Bolton, Bournemouth, Burton, Celtic and Chelsea board's on this network, hardly any threads let alone posts and that's just looking at A's to C's.

Its a well known fact to everyone (apart from yourself) that FootyMad has driven many posters away not just from here but all Clubs forums for various reasons, the one's that are left on here try and keep it running the best way they can besides having other things to do in their personal life, its a forum to talk about anything AND everything be it Football, Politics or Religion.

"Focus on Burnley related matters and leave the livescoring to apps like Livescore that give automatic updates".

I'm sure you can understand maybe having an app open on our commentary, maybe an app open on ClaretsPlayer and maybe having an app for a live stream of a game, and then having to click on a few others to get scores from other match's can be a pain, plus we have a few posters on here who follow other teams, so if it is O.K. with you I will focus on what the hell I feel is right and not take any notice from someone who plays Fantasy Football.

Phuck off !

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I'm sure you can understand maybe having an app open on our commentary, maybe an app open on ClaretsPlayer and maybe having an app for a live stream of a game, and then having to click on a few others to get scores from other match's can be a pain, plus we have a few posters on here who follow other teams, so if it is O.K. with you I will focus on what the hell I feel is right and not take any notice from someone who plays Fantasy Football.
    You do realise that apps these days notify you when a goal is scored, you don't actually need to open the app itself? You also realise goals scored are all over Twitter right? The fact you feel the need to spam the match thread is horrible, trying to read through it at full time is ridiculous.

If there are only a few of you posting on here, why not just start a Whatsapp group rather than using this public forum as a method of communication? The reason you have next to no contribution on here is because of the crap and lack of informative Burnley related football discussions that you have.

I know it is easier to blame others, but maybe actually use this Burnley thread for what it should be used for and you might start to see more of an interest in it.

I wanted to find out how Gudmundsson played on the weekend and despite playing 80 minutes and apparently having a good game, not **** all of a mention on here. I can tell you the score from pointless Championship games, but I can't tell you how an actually Burnley player performed or performed pre-season because this page is filled with 3 people speaking useless garbage.

You do realise that apps these days notify you when a goal is scored, you don't actually need to open the app itself? You also realise goals scored are all over Twitter right? The fact you feel the need to spam the match thread is horrible, trying to read through it at full time is ridiculous.

If there are only a few of you posting on here, why not just start a Whatsapp group rather than using this public forum as a method of communication? The reason you have next to no contribution on here is because of the crap and lack of informative Burnley related football discussions that you have.

I know it is easier to blame others, but maybe actually use this Burnley thread for what it should be used for and you might start to see more of an interest in it.

I wanted to find out how Gudmundsson played on the weekend and despite playing 80 minutes and apparently having a good game, not **** all of a mention on here. I can tell you the score from pointless Championship games, but I can't tell you how an actually Burnley player performed or performed pre-season because this page is filled with 3 people speaking useless garbage.
    Just in case you missed it.. Phuck off ! I am in no way in favour of bannings , but in your case i would welcome it..
    Last edited by Turfmoorspirit; 24-08-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Just in case you missed it.. Phuck off ! I am in no way in favour of bannings , but in your case i would welcome it..
    That's the way mate, reduce the numbers on here further so that you and 2 other posters can continue a live scoring thread from across England.

As I said above, everything I have said has been constructive, nothing that others who visit aren't thinking. You are wasting an entire forum with garbage.

You should be the one that 'phucks' off so we can start over again and actually get this forum to perform.

That's the way mate, reduce the numbers on here further so that you and 2 other posters can continue a live scoring thread from across England.

As I said above, everything I have said has been constructive, nothing that others who visit aren't thinking. You are wasting an entire forum with garbage.

You should be the one that 'phucks' off so we can start over again and actually get this forum to perform.
    This is your 3rd post on here , says it all really ! P!ss off you idiot.. There is another footy forum that would be more suitable for you .. I think it is called up the faggots and the message board is bumhole end or bhole end or something !.. You would fit in well ,iam sure..
    Last edited by Turfmoorspirit; 24-08-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    This is your 3rd post on here , says it all really ! P!ss off you idiot..
    Don't like hearing the truth hey? 'Phuck off' and 'p!ss off'? Honestly how old are you, sounds like I am talking to a kid.

....so we can start over again and actually get this forum to perform.

...do I sense some distant Primordial upset within - Cudareli....and would there be something of an ulterior motive slowly simmering to boil within this troubled performance - also and just out of interest.... who is this mysterious "We" of which you speak ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)