+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: "Notts" so far

  1. #1

    "Notts" so far

    Given our dreadful opening day game
    I think our games since then have improved.
    Some will say that it could only go one way.
    But to date,without playing outstandingly there is a lot to look forward to.
    Your thoughts ladies and gents.!!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Given our dreadful opening day game
    I think our games since then have improved.
    Some will say that it could only go one way.
    But to date,without playing outstandingly there is a lot to look forward to.
    Your thoughts ladies and gents.!!
    I love your poems?

  3. #3
    There was a young lady from Notts,
    Whose nethers were covered in spots,
    Mr Seven did do 'er,
    But let out a big oo' err,
    When she explained it weren't freckles but pox.

  4. #4
    Terrible at Coventry (I went)

    Apparently unconvincing against Chesterfield (absent)

    Good in the first half at Wycombe (I went) not allowing them many chances. Struggled at times in the second but held on and battled well.

    I think our lack of a natural goal scorer, pace throughout the team and the perennial inability to defend will mean a mid table finish.
    The lack of quality will tell.

    KN may however get more out of the team than I foresee and if he does credit to the man.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    Terrible at Coventry (I went)

    Apparently unconvincing against Chesterfield (absent)

    Good in the first half at Wycombe (I went) not allowing them many chances. Struggled at times in the second but held on and battled well.

    I think our lack of a natural goal scorer, pace throughout the team and the perennial inability to defend will mean a mid table finish.
    The lack of quality will tell.

    KN may however get more out of the team than I foresee and if he does credit to the man.
    It's point that count, so a decent start from KN and a fair number of goals too.

  6. #6
    Way too early too make a decision on how things will pan out....Would agree with Proudpie I'm not convinced about the forward line up lack of pace ....Think the defence improved from last season with Bisley in there, but would like to see an another CH brought in...

  7. #7
    It is essential that we get a younger pacy striker as Stead in particular can't last for more than 65 minutes. Forte is ok but an injury or suspension to the 3 main strikers and we suddenly have no plan B on the bench.

  8. #8
    After the young girl with pox,
    Seven's nethers were burning like charcs,
    He said with some glee,
    "No more live ones for me",
    As he ordered that blow up of Marx.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    After the young girl with pox,
    Seven's nethers were burning like charcs,
    He said with some glee,
    "No more live ones for me",
    As he ordered that blow up of Marx.

    Then Seven one day with his blow up.
    Decided he'd like a quick go up.
    He got stuck up the doll.
    Till he screamed like a troll,
    "All me blisters I'll have to re-sew up".

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Then Seven one day with his blow up.
    Decided he'd like a quick go up.
    He got stuck up the doll.
    Till he screamed like a troll,
    "All me blisters I'll have to re-sew up".
    The Marx dummy defenceless,
    Seven rogered it senseless,
    In the dark every morning till 3,
    But too loud he did bawl,
    Plod the neighbours did call,
    Now it's off to the slammer for he...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Given our dreadful opening day game
    I think our games since then have improved.
    Some will say that it could only go one way.
    But to date,without playing outstandingly there is a lot to look forward to.
    Your thoughts ladies and gents.!!
    I think the statement of "rabbits in the headlights" by KN after the Coventry game was totally accurate, the Chesterfield game was mildly better, the fighting spirit showed in the S****horpe and Wycombe games pointed to a real spirit and togetherness in the squad so long may it continue... but i do agree that we desperately need a pacey center forward because if we get an injury in that position we are in massive trouble.... just a question for anybody in the know... did we take anybody up from the reserve team that could cut the mustard? I saw players like Bird in preseason but no sign of him yet

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I saw players like Bird in preseason but no sign of him yet
    He's No 33, https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/ - isn't he one of the "Class of 2018"?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He's No 33, https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/ - isn't he one of the "Class of 2018"?
    Ah your right Old_pie... thought he looked decent in preseason but maybe cant get a sniff because of the Brisley/duffy combination, if you look at that graphic we are top heavy in defense and very light up front... lets hope KN pulls a rabbit out of the hat before the window closes

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    and very light up front... lets hope KN pulls a rabbit out of the hat before the window closes
    Maybe a John O'Hare type?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe a John O'Hare type?
    Brilliant

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe a John O'Hare type?
    Or possibly a Ian Hutch inson type striker? Or lettuce be happy with what we already have?

  17. #17
    CB with pace and Forward with pace and we'll win the league.

    The Defence is getting a bit of a raw deal and has done for a long time..It's no coincidence that whoevers in the back line we leak goals and have done for a long time.

  18. #18
    The defence has basically been fine so far. Coventry was a bit of a nightmare, but we came up against a kid being linked with 1m+ moves to the Premier League having the game of his life. It happens.

    Since then they barely gave Chesterfield a sniff and, whilst Wycombe did score two, both were outstanding strikes.

    I think the back five as it stands is more than good enough for a top seven finish. The big doubt is up front - like everyone else, I would want another striker, but I do rate Forte highly and think he can do a really good job if Nolan trusts him enough to give him regular starts through the middle.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    The defence has basically been fine so far.
    As a raw stat, 8 goals conceded in the 3 away games played so far doesn't look good at all - similar to the worst periods of last season when they were letting in 2/3 on a consistent basis, but is that down to the team as a whole rather than just those at the back? And not so much of a problem if you're scoring plenty of goals at the other end, of course.

  20. #20
    i agree Jacob

    I'm happy to see Forte centrally..KN doesn't seem all that keen though. He either puts his arm around and backs him or he lets him go and replaces adequately.

    I think we've scored 7 with Forte on the pitch..4 without him. When used in the correct position he brings a lot to the team..maybe not 25 goals personally but a lot of goals spread throughout the team.
    Last edited by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH; 24-08-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •