+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mayweather v McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    His record is severely tarnished already. Taking away the great Rocky Marciano's record by fighting a totally unproven fighter making his pro debut has put pay to that.

You could have had 2/5 on Betfair earlier in the week. I wouldn't be taking 1/4 mate, even though he will probably win.

You can get miles better odds just backing him to win in rounds 1-6 if that's what you reckon is going to happen.

Joke fight!!
    I'm not sure he will win inside 6 rounds - not because he can't but because he might choose to string it out. I AM svery confident he will win, hence the bet. I think the true odds are more like 1/15 to take account of an injury, stoppage because of unseen headbut, that kind of thing. In that context 1/4 is a giveaway price. Where else would you find value like that?

Nobody is paying for this surely. Boxing at top level is not a working mans sport. Not been interested in it since the days of Chris Eubanks & Nigel Benn. You could watch it then without being made to pay to watch it.

I can see one of two scenarios.

Mayweather winning by a country mile, but McGregor challenging him to an MMA fight (which Mcgregor will win and no doubt set up some sort of decider)
    or
    Mcgregor will have some early success but Floyd will take control, box circles around him, prompting McGregor to get himself disqualified by landing a kick or some sort of bodyslam, prompting a post match brawl, which will fuel desire for a rematch.

Either way, this fight will just be the set up for further big money fights because both of them know it's a licence to print money

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Nobody is paying for this surely. Boxing at top level is not a working mans sport. Not been interested in it since the days of Chris Eubanks & Nigel Benn. You could watch it then without being made to pay to watch it.
    *shakes head in despair*

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Have a job on as poor old Shirley's been dead years

McGregor to knock him down first round but Mayweather to win on points..... total fix
    Yeah Brin, I knew that, the point being that the whole thing is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    *shakes head in despair*
    Magic, I totally get where you're coming from pal.

This fella must rank as one of the most oppositional posters ever on this site..

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Magic, I totally get where you're coming from pal.

This fella must rank as one of the most oppositional posters ever on this site..
    Haha, don't wanna start owt with him Riley, (as if i'd do owt like that!) but he's so contrary and cocksure it's unbelievable!!

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Haha, don't wanna start owt with him Riley, (as if i'd do owt like that!) but he's so contrary and cocksure it's unbelievable!!
    I think Will Vaulks would beat both McGregor and Mayweather on the same night
    Last edited by DaveyJohn; 25-08-2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: added correct smiley

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    I think Will Vaulks would beat both McGregor and Mayweather on the same night
    Maybe, he's got the heart...has he got the speed?

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Yeah Brin, I knew that, the point being that the whole thing is a joke.
    ok fella thought you were having a foggy moment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast