+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brady- match winner or waster?

Brady- match winner or waster?

On my latest match preview v Spurs, I picked out Robbie Brady as our Player to watch out for. A potential match winner .

He was subbed in the last game v West Brom and it was a frustrating afternoon watching some of his play I agree .

Due to the nature of his play there is a lot of hit and miss , however the amount of criticism he receives from posters equally frustrates me.

Why can't his match winning potential be more commonly acclaimed?

Sorry donz, only just seen this, I've just given my view on Brady on your Wembley thread, so I've copied it here.

I agree with Donz that Brady could be key this season, we needed more in an attacking sense from our wide men than Arfield and Boyd were capable of delivering, and Brady was signed to improve that area. He hasn't really delivered yet, but you can see the potential, if he can just tidy up his game, cut out the silly basic errors, he can still be the player we thought we were signing, the player we need. And if he does start turning it on, along with Defour and Cork, it might just be pleasurable playing up front for BFC this season, not the donkey work it often is.

Well, I think he is a good player who has the potential to be a great player. I saw his goal for Ireland against Italy and his all round general play at the Euros and thought he was a class player. I saw his goal against Chelsea and the deadwoods the other night- he just needs to add consistency to his game and he could become one of the all-time Burnley star players.

I agree that it's consistency that is the key.

Against Blackburn, I thought he started badly with a couple of misplaced passes, but then he comes up with a gem of a goal.

Must be frustrating for a manager.

I saw Leighton James have some shockers! Robbie has the talent in abundance and cream cannot help but rise to the top.

He will work out just fine.

Attachment 6186

James had something that Brady seems to lack at the moment BT, complete and utter confidence in his own ability. Brady seems to lack confidence for some reason, maybe it's the big fee we paid (by our standards), maybe he feels the expectation to deliver every time he gets the ball and it affects him. Whatever, he clearly has the ability to be a big player for us, he's too much talent not to come good, I think we just need to be patient and give him time.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    James had something that Brady seems to lack at the moment BT, complete and utter confidence in his own ability. Brady seems to lack confidence for some reason, maybe it's the big fee we paid (by our standards), maybe he feels the expectation to deliver every time he gets the ball and it affects him. Whatever, he clearly has the ability to be a big player for us, he's too much talent not to come good, I think we just need to be patient and give him time.
    James could put a ball onto a forwards head and take corners from standing with either foot. He could confidently beat a man on either side and was always in control of what he was doing without nusting a gut. You can't compare the two. One had rare talent, the other is a bit of a headless chicken that occasionally does something good. James at his best would cost 30 plus million not 13 today.

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Claret View Post
    James could put a ball onto a forwards head and take corners from standing with either foot. He could confidently beat a man on either side and was always in control of what he was doing without nusting a gut. You can't compare the two. One had rare talent, the other is a bit of a headless chicken that occasionally does something good. James at his best would cost 30 plus million not 13 today.
    Nah! Not having that! Eulogising old players is OK but could James cut it in this quality of EPL play? Probably not!

Another thing with James, the Australian superstar tennis player Leyton Hewitt was named after him, although his parents changed the spelling. Not a lot of people know that. No tennis superstars named after Robbie Brady are there.

Brady Murray is the new, next best tennis protégée!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)