+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Hurricane Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Many Americans fail to link happenings like this with Trump's stance on climate change. You reap what you sow
    So explain Katrina, Wilma, and other hurricanes.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post

He does not have to , he is a Corbynista...

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Many Americans fail to link happenings like this with Trump's stance on climate change. You reap what you sow
    I completely agree Sid.....very few people in the world understand that we are killing our planet.......diving in the Mayan reef last week, huge areas were "bleached"....the 4 divers with me explained that every year it gets worse......the oceans are too hot and poisoned by excess Co2...plastic....it's truly horrifying once you understand what we've done.

Nobody really cares....it's sad

KHOU 11 is back up and running, well done guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWwqIO_4VNw

Houston will deliberately flood areas around downtown tonight by releasing water from the lake-holding areas.....the worry is that the lakes and holding walls/levee walls will collapse (similar to what happened in New Orleans) and hundreds/thousands will be killed.......a slow release means that people have time to escape....it starts in a few hours....this is now a once-in-a 500 year-flood

This has never been attempted before....4,000 cubic feet per second from just one of the lakes
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 28-08-2017 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Yup, climate change was a major factor in all of them. Are you so dumb you thought I was blaming Trump for this hurricane? I only blame him for turning a blind eye to its causes.
    For the ump****th time, I am not pro-Corbyn. My hope is that Starmer will come to the fore. I certainly like where he is at the moment.

They were all described as 'once in X amount of years' but a quick tally up shows they are about once every four years now.

The vast majority of human beings won't heed the warnings and won't do anything until it directly affects them. Huge corporations know what's happening but pay people to pretend it isn't.

Wouldn't it be nice also if the UN Security Council just for one day stopped trolling each other and discussed dedicating a minuscule part of their budgets to fishing the great maelstroms of plastic out the sea?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Houston will deliberately flood areas around downtown tonight by releasing water from the lake-holding areas.....the worry is that the lakes and holding walls/levee walls will collapse (similar to what happened in New Orleans) and hundreds/thousands will be killed.......a slow release means that people have time to escape....it starts in a few hours....this is now a once-in-a 500 year-flood

This has never been attempted before....4,000 cubic feet per second from just one of the lakes
    The walls will hold Tarks.

The Yanks know a thing or two about water pressures/volumes. Think Hoover and Grand Coulie - similar principle but Alty will put us right if he reads this.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post

The Yanks know a thing or two about water pressures/volumes. Think Hoover and Grand Coulie - similar principle but Alty will put us right if he reads this.
    And the Brits thought they knew how to build safe tower blocks...

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post

New Orleans?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I completely agree Sid.....very few people in the world understand that we are killing our planet.......diving in the Mayan reef last week, huge areas were "bleached"....the 4 divers with me explained that every year it gets worse......the oceans are too hot and poisoned by excess Co2...plastic....it's truly horrifying once you understand what we've done.

Nobody really cares....it's sad

KHOU 11 is back up and running, well done guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWwqIO_4VNw
    Agree with you tarkers 100%, the way we treat the planet and other inhabitants is disgusting. The I'm all right jack mentality of the human race will kill us all.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast