+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- FAO Elite

O/T:- FAO Elite

What a great win for Marsha and Elite racing, cracking race and Frankie thought he had won. You must be chuffed did you have a bet?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-12-2017 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Clarifying title

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    What a great win for Marsha and Elite racing, cracking race and Frankie thought he had won. You must be chuffed did you have a bet?
    Fantastic win, heart-stopping stuff! Even though she only got there on the nod I thought she won on merit, as she wasn't done any favours leaving the stalls and lost a couple of lengths. I had a bit on e/w at 10/1 so well happy. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to be drawn for an owner's badge, or you might have seen me on the telly! The best thing about Elite is that I have followed this filly since before her birth when the mating was first announced, as like her mother she was bred by the club. Next the trainer is selected, and then it builds up to the first run. Marsha has now won 7 races including two Group 1s worth over £575,000, pity I have to share it with a few thousand others! Even better is that we still have the dam plus a yearling and a foal half-sisters to look forward to.

I case you're interested i961, Elite Racing Club put Marsha through the sales ring tonight and she sold for a mind-boggling and European record breaking 6 million guineas!!! That's 6.3 million quid for those not familiar with guineas.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I case you're interested i961, Elite Racing Club put Marsha through the sales ring tonight and she sold for a mind-boggling and European record breaking 6 million guineas!!! That's 6.3 million quid for those not familiar with guineas.
    That's brilliant EP, obviously for breeding purposes, as a club member will any of that cash filter down to club members?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That's brilliant EP, obviously for breeding purposes, as a club member will any of that cash filter down to club members?
    Unfortunately not. The official line is that it will be invested in the future of the club, with step one being an upgrade on the stallions the club mares are sent to. A mating with a top stallion like Frankel costs £175,000, with his sire Galileo (reported to be Marsha's first suitor) costing even more. It's still a huge amount for the club though, so the future should be bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Unfortunately not. The official line is that it will be invested in the future of the club, with step one being an upgrade on the stallions the club mares are sent to. A mating with a top stallion like Frankel costs £175,000, with his sire Galileo (reported to be Marsha's first suitor) costing even more. It's still a huge amount for the club though, so the future should be bright.
    Breeding with either of those hopefully will produce a superstar. The Gallileo foal would be interesting whether or not it turns out to be a sprinter or a stayer. The Frankel foal you would think would be all speed possibly up to a mile. Exciting times for the club ahead though.