+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In defence of this forum

In defence of this forum

Blimey, that was quite an appearance from our fantasy football fanatic this week. Give him credit though he came back and answered quite a few posters in a much more moderate fashion , especially after the stick he received.

My thread title is somewhat misleading because we have no need to defend ourselves. However any feedback is good no matter how negative.

It did get me thinking beyond a phuck off grid position, sorry spirit 😃.

The responses really drove it home to me how proud posters are of this site. It may be relatively small in comparison to other sites but the important thing is that due to the efforts of BT and alto, supported by ourselves, it is stronger now than 12 months ago.

As most of you know I am a regular viewer on the breakaway site and that is because there is an awful lot of football threads on it. I love football and BFC so it's a natural thing for me to do. So it is with good knowledge and authority that I report that there are many , let me use their terminology, many pricks on that site.

If they are not calling each other , they are licking the site editors ass. Bullying is rife. It's a shame because with so many posters it has the potential to be the perfect forum. The editor and moderators appear quite happy to allow it to continue in that fashion.

Now, we have our own fall outs and both BT and Alto have told me to do one in the early days. In their wisdom , after getting used to my style, and with a little bit of compromise on my part, they have matured a little 😃😃.
    It was a shame about Primitive but sometimes things go too far.

I didn't start this thread though to attack other sites. My aim is to defend what we have got and encourage others, if indeed there is a need to. I think we have some great posters (I hope that is not licking ass).

And one thing we have got ,which I believe is a big positive, is the regular posting from fans of other football clubs. This for me makes it a proper football forum.

Here here thedonz! But what colour socks are you wearing?

my take is that i am not too happy with posters coming on here from other clubs- this is a site for Burnley fans to talk about their club Burnley and is not a general football forum . Their are plenty of them out there but this is a Burnley FC site or it would not be called The Turfites- not a great choice of name but there you have it.

They'll probably be odd socks, warminster. Friday is my day off, unshaven , couldn't care less day. Not going to even get paranoid about your question 😃 but you can expand if you want as I am a little slow at times of rest.

Ok ,IDWT, another viewpoint and not one I'd thought off.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    They'll probably be odd socks, warminster. Friday is my day off, unshaven , couldn't care less day. Not going to even get paranoid about your question 😃 but you can expand if you want as I am a little slow at times of rest.
    It was a question posed by Cuderelli or whatever he calls him/herself that's all. I have dark blue ones on myself. UTC!

Cheers , I didn't pay too much attention . We could use it as a sort of catch phrase whenever any poster is getting too clever, or something like that.

But you are right Fonzy, we dont have to defend this great site to Turdereli or anyone else-

As they say a lot in Burnley, "It is what it is"!

Ehhh, step into my office IDWT.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)