+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Green on his way

i think there could be something interesting at the club that is leading to these things - that there is someone/more than one who really really knows footballers, and knows the slightly better qualities of one over another - we seem to be seeing it with the new arrivals that have played so far, hopefully it will continue - that they are better than those they've replaced, perhaps sometimes for different reasons.

I think Wiedwald has been put in there because of his distribution - think i said before, like the Man City replacement for Hart. He clearly has better feet than Green, but like others i'm worried with what i've seen of his catching and clean shot stopping.

With Dallas, he's great at quite a lot, but he's slow for a winger, and more defensive than attacking at times. Clearly Alioski and Saiz are better than him in the attacking sense, and they also looking great defensively. If Dallas goes, maybe they will replace him with a sub for those two that is better than him all round.

Hate to tempt fate, but if whoever it is that's doing this recruitment is getting it so right so far, then offloading Bridcutt, Green, Dallas etc might turn out to be really good business as long as the replacements keep being as good as the new players so far. (Although i'm still reserving judgement on Wiedwald so far!)

everyone can say hes dodgy, but hes got 4 clean sheets from 5. That speaks for itself.
    Everyone said Wood was shighte, but he kept banging em in didnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    everyone can say hes dodgy, but hes got 4 clean sheets from 5. That speaks for itself.
    Everyone said Wood was shighte, but he kept banging em in didnt he?
    Sorry BB the comparison doesn't work. There hasn't been a match yet where opposition possession has been converted into sustained threat on goal, and the guys handling when shots/heads have been on goal has been less than impressive (as was the case today). The clean sheets are welcome, but they are the result of a solid defence (including Coopers efforts) making the keepers life relatively simple. Let's see how he performs when the bullets really start flying.

+1

ok, hes shighte then. he was shighte in germany cos he conceeded a boatload of goals, and i guess hes shighte now cos hes conceeding nowt.

If wiedwald was that terrible though, no matter how good the defense is, he would have conceded more by now, let's enjoy the start we've made

Nobody's saying he's sh ite are they? Just saying he makes you nervous cos so far he's looked uncomfortable coming off his line and has failed to take cleanly most of the shots he's been asked to deal with. His distribution has been excellent. That's balanced evidence of someone that needs to improve, has ability but perhaps needs to grow into his role, not that he's 'sh ite'.

Surely he's only gonna gain confidence if the fans get behind him, his distribution is very good, its sets us off far quicker than green, yes the other parts of Felix's game need to improve but hes one of many new players, he's nearly matched his clean sheet tally from last season already, and this is with a supposidly weaker defence than what Leeds had last season, with 2 good players still to come back from injury, let's face it, we couldn't have asked for a much better start to the season, unbeaten, professional performances against lower league in the cup, solid and at times skillful performances in the league, I'm pretty damn happy right now regarding our amazing football club! MOT!!!

If he was that bad doubt the defence would be playing with confidence...Green was injured which meant he had to wait his chance, especially when incumbent is having clean sheets.
    Rumour is he's going to Dudds, if that's true.. a team with 3 clean sheets and new keeper getting good reviews....would hardly be expecting to be No1 there either. Will be interesting to see if he does go to, what team he expects to walk in as No1.

Going for a last decent payday?

Might as well sit on hiss ass there for more money than sit on his ass here for less.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)