+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Green on his way

Didn't think that lonergen was such a bad keeper, no doubt others will put me right.....and he's younger than green.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You need to get a grip m8!. Nobody (on clouding me!), is saying he's sh1te, just that he hasn't had anything like a full pressure game, and his handling simply doesn't a generate confidence.

If he stops as well as he distributes, then all will be well, but if you insist on mentioning the last few games before joining Leeds, just like Greens fall off has been mentioned, no he wasn't very good at the end, was he?
    Statts isolated,don't always tell the whole story: Those last 3 games in which they lost and let in 13 goals...

The 3 teams were above Bremen in the top 5......Bremen scored 9 goals in them 3 games, 3 each time so 3-4 3-4 3-5
    2 of the 3 Felix had a better rating than the opposing goalkeeper
    Bremen were the 5th highest scoring team so despite being the worst defence their goal difference was joint 7th, so the club obviously had the Kevin Keegan/Ossie Ardiles approach to defending

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Statts isolated,don't always tell the whole story: Those last 3 games in which they lost and let in 13 goals...

The 3 teams were above Bremen in the top 5......Bremen scored 9 goals in them 3 games, 3 each time so 3-4 3-4 3-5
    2 of the 3 Felix had a better rating than the opposing goalkeeper
    Bremen were the 5th highest scoring team so despite being the worst defence their goal difference was joint 7th, so the club obviously had the Kevin Keegan/Ossie Ardiles approach to defending
    There you go WS, selecting the bits of a post the fit what you want to say

I'm not alone in making the point that while there have been very welcome clean sheets, Wiedwald has had little in the way of pressure to contend with, so while he might not be "shigte" he isn't proven yet.

It was BB who raise the record of his last few matches āt Bremen, not me.

I believe (possibly wrong) that BB's "shyte" remarks were a tad tongue in cheek. Aimed at our resident doom//gloom merchants. Am sure I can troll and find your comments regarding the signing of Felix and probably all the other shyte signings and shyte manager from a non entity league, you had us all depressed in the summer. Even now we have got off to a fairly good start which even you have admitted to such...you can't stop yourself looking at everything in the worst case scenario, supposedly as a balanced view, which it isn't... as if we are all rose tinted lemmings who abide by the clubs every move....just once in a while you might give the club/us some slack and see how things pan out...like now

quite righte WS, anyway, its all done now, dont think Longeran is a bad number 2 anyway, anyone thinking 2 "world class keepers" are going to toss it off at Leeds are deranged. What i would say though is this move shows the club has complete confidence in our new No1, and i for 1 trust their judgement more than i trust WTFs, also enough with this cr@p about not having done it in this league, hes come from a top 10 bundesliga club ffs, not second division in Bolivia.

Blimey it really isn't a good idea to say something analytical is it?

To be fair to WTF (and i've had plenty of moments where i've rolled my eyes at his extreme comments too) all he (and I) have said on here is that he hasn't always looked secure during the games so far.

The sh ite comments didn't seem tongue in cheek to me, but maybe they were - they seemed to be more a suggestion of other people's supposedly extreme comments, when in reality, people have just offered a suggestion/opinion, based on nothing more than observations as football fans.

Isn't that the definition of what an online football forum is for?

I believe (possibly wrong) that BB's "shyte" remarks were a tad tongue in cheek. Aimed at our resident doom//gloom merchants. Am sure I can troll and find your comments regarding the signing of Felix and probably all the other shyte signings and shyte manager from a non entity league, you had us all depressed in the summer. Even now we have got off to a fairly good start which even you have admitted to such...you can't stop yourself looking at everything in the worst case scenario, supposedly as a balanced view, which it isn't... as if we are all rose tinted lemmings who abide by the clubs every move....just once in a while you might give the club/us some slack and see how things pan out...like now

Analytical????? Green leaves, Lonergan in...WTF straight in as usual with its all the clubs fault blah blah...Green is happy to be No 3/4 Keeper for more pay at Dudds. Obviously LUFC got fed up somewhere along the line with his sulking attitude and got rid...that's the correct way to keep team spirit up (Arsenal take note) don't think Lonergan is a long planned replacement, he wasn't allocated a squad number at Wolves (the new manager has brought in new goalkeepers) so was a quick cover option.
    Felix distribution has been an integral part of why we are putting other teams on the back foot, something Green is poor at.. if our back4 keeps doing its job he wont have many saves to make.

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    quite righte WS, anyway, its all done now, dont think Longeran is a bad number 2 anyway, anyone thinking 2 "world class keepers" are going to toss it off at Leeds are deranged. What i would say though is this move shows the club has complete confidence in our new No1, and i for 1 trust their judgement more than i trust WTFs, also enough with this cr@p about not having done it in this league, hes come from a top 10 bundesliga club ffs, not second division in Bolivia.
    Just where does WS stop and your nose (or other bodily part) begin BB?

Get a room ffs!

Analytical????? Green leaves, Lonergan in...WTF straight in as usual with its all the clubs fault blah blah...Green is happy to be No 3/4 Keeper for more pay at Dudds. Obviously LUFC got fed up somewhere along the line with his sulking attitude and got rid...that's the correct way to keep team spirit up (Arsenal take note) don't think Lonergan is a long planned replacement, he wasn't allocated a squad number at Wolves (the new manager has brought in new goalkeepers) so was a quick cover option.
    Felix distribution has been an integral part of why we are putting other teams on the back foot, something Green is poor at.. if our back4 keeps doing its job he wont have many saves to make.
    LUFC signed Wiedwald, let Silvestri go and made the newcomer 1st choice whilst leaving Green to cool his heels having been part of the squad that nearly got into the playoffs, whilst giving others in the same squad starting honours even though rumours of departure applied to them all summer (and have since become reality). So Green is supposed to smile and say thanks for........? "Sulking attitude", and you would be so different?

We're left with 1st choice goalkeeper who remains unproven against good championship opposition, behind a defence that is rock solid. Let's see what happens when neither applies. As for 2nd/3rd string, BPF/Lonergan yeah super.

Yeah you missed my point - i was actually talking about my own comments - analytical meaning they have some basis in evidence that's been achieved through observation, rather than just unsubstantiated - i think i was the first on the thread to say that Wiedwald made me nervous for various reasons i've seen.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)