+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Edwards On His Way To Reading?

Dave Edwards On His Way To Reading?

It appears wolves have accepted a bid of around £1m for the player. If it happens, all the best, he's given his all down the years for the club.

More Info Click here

Great servant, a rarity in today's game.

Would be his testimonial next year, he certainly deserves one.

Good luck to him. Gave everything on the field that's for sure.

Can't blame either party. He doesn't fit our current possession game. He wants to and could play in another system. Would be a disservice not to give him the chance elsewhere as he is risking his international career with us. Best of luck to him. Forever a Wolf for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Can't blame either party. He doesn't fit our current possession game. He wants to and could play in another system. Would be a disservice not to give him the chance elsewhere as he is risking his international career with us. Best of luck to him. Forever a Wolf for me.
    Well said, Mich', couldn't agree more. Often enough it was 'Diamond Dave' who rescued a point or three for the Wolves
    and he was a true 'team player'. He deserves our appreciation and best wishes for the future and can leave this club with his head held high.

I think most on this forum would agree that Dave Edwards was not the greatest player to ever don the old gold shirt. But what can't be denied is that he had Wolves blood running through his tremendous engine.

Much like Paul Scholes, he never courted bad publicity, and was a perfect example of a true professional. Much of his game was based around him not having the ball, but closing opposition players down, putting them under pressure. A facet of his game that often went unnoticed. He also had the ability to arrive in the box at the right time and score some very valuable goals.

As has been mentioned, he showed great loyalty to the club, unlike some. Personally I wish him well for the remainder of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Well said, Mich', couldn't agree more. Often enough it was 'Diamond Dave' who rescued a point or three for the Wolves
    and he was a true 'team player'. He deserves our appreciation and best wishes for the future and can leave this club with his head held high.
    Totally agree with you there Grizz. Dave did us proud and the 'knockers' should hang their heads in shame. It's a funny thing about some Wolves fans that if a player does not conform to the very limited confines of their understanding of the game, then he should be the target of their abuse. The fact that successive managers keep picking that player doesn't seem to tell them anything!

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I think most on this forum would agree that Dave Edwards was not the greatest player to ever don the old gold shirt. But what can't be denied is that he had Wolves blood running through his tremendous engine.

Much like Paul Scholes, he never courted bad publicity, and was a perfect example of a true professional. Much of his game was based around him not having the ball, but closing opposition players down, putting them under pressure. A facet of his game that often went unnoticed. He also had the ability to arrive in the box at the right time and score some very valuable goals.

As has been mentioned, he showed great loyalty to the club, unlike some. Personally I wish him well for the remainder of his career.
    I was never his greatest fan but I can't really disagree with any of that George.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post

I totally agree with that too, Abbo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)