+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Thread vs. Accy

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Notts fans are traditionally and pathologically reluctant to admit how good we are - but in fairness we've been mostly cr@p for years so it's understandable.

Good to hear you think we're on the right track though. I've had a sneaking suspicion for a while now that Nozza will turn out to be a great find. I'm standing by my prediction that Notts will finish 2nd this year - but I'm 7,000 miles away today, so wot do I know
    Have to agree Notts have been cr@p for years. I got fed up of watching rubbish and coming home disappointed, which is why I no longer attend matches. I used to be a season ticket holder.

If results and performances improved I may return but the fact that we can't beat the likes of Accrington shows we haven't. Perhaps I was spoiled by the Warnock era seeing Notts playing in the top league and all those trips we had to Wembley.

Fair weather fan I now may be be but if I want to watch cr@p football I'll go and watch my local non league team and have a pint while doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBovisPie View Post
    Have to agree Notts have been cr@p for years. I got fed up of watching rubbish and coming home disappointed, which is why I no longer attend matches. I used to be a season ticket holder.

If results and performances improved I may return but the fact that we can't beat the likes of Accrington shows we haven't. Perhaps I was spoiled by the Warnock era seeing Notts playing in the top league and all those trips we had to Wembley.

Fair weather fan I now may be be but if I want to watch cr@p football I'll go and watch my local non league team and have a pint while doing so.
    Accrington are a good team, and that's the problem you're living in the past, times have changed and to be fair a neutral would have thought the second half was value for money last night. Like a lot of fans ( I don't use the word supporters ) on here, they aren't prepared to take the rough with the good, spoilt comes to mind, but that's just a reflection on today's society ' want it now, and not prepared to work at it '

Keld is right in as much as Accrington are a good team at this level plus we're trying to come back after years and years of bad ownership. I do miss the old Notts though and still have trouble in thinking that teams like Accrington shouldn't be in for a stuffing at our place.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBovisPie View Post

When was the magical era when we Accrington were our whipping boys? And Warnock was a 3 and a bit season see-saw in which we capitulated once playing with the "big boys". Accrington, Oldham, Hartlepool and Newport are our norm. Take your rose coloured glasses off or support Everton or Arsenal who are real top flight clubs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345