+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Plastic Whistle v AFC the all in one threed

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    I watched it twice to make sure I hadn't missed anything given so many thought he played poorly.

2 of the mistakes that were being cited the ball simply bounced or cannoned off him.

He was solid in terms of organisation, winning every header and not getting walked past a la Reynolds, Considine and O'Connor every single game so far.

Given how badly the others have done in comparison there is no justification in him not playing.
    Completely disagree that these mistakes were the ball just cannoning off him. The mistake at the cross comes from his positioning and a poor attempt to play the ball that just redirected it into a dangerous position. The mis-hit clearance he should have been able to clear and just made a bad contact.

But that's actually a side issue here. Even if you want to argue that everybody else is wrong (me, our manager, half the crowd who were murmuring about it, even the Red TV guys who are as rose-tinted as it gets and pointed it out), the fact is he was perceived to play badly and that's why he hasn't started. Pretending his absence is so inexplicable that there must be some kind of behind the scenes unrest with McInnes is pretty nonsensical as far as I'm concerned.

Whether he should start or not is a different question - I'd like to see him given another opportunity as I know he has quality, but I don't find it remotely surprising that McInnes (rightly or wrongly) felt a bit burned by what happened and has been reluctant to start him since.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    Completely disagree that these mistakes were the ball just cannoning off him. The mistake at the cross comes from his positioning and a poor attempt to play the ball that just redirected it into a dangerous position. The mis-hit clearance he should have been able to clear and just made a bad contact.

But that's actually a side issue here. Even if you want to argue that everybody else is wrong (me, our manager, half the crowd who were murmuring about it, even the Red TV guys who are as rose-tinted as it gets and pointed it out), the fact is he was perceived to play badly and that's why he hasn't started. Pretending his absence is so inexplicable that there must be some kind of behind the scenes unrest with McInnes is pretty nonsensical as far as I'm concerned.

Whether he should start or not is a different question - I'd like to see him given another opportunity as I know he has quality, but I don't find it remotely surprising that McInnes (rightly or wrongly) felt a bit burned by what happened and has been reluctant to start him since.
    Going with your theory Considine and Reynolds shouldn't be near the team as they've been rank week in week out so far.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415