+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Accy

Player ratings v Accy

Collin 6 - Maybe could have done better with their first, stunning point-saving stop at the death.

Tootle 6 - competent overall, two very soft bookings for his red.

Duffy 6 - Generally solid, was he fouled in the build-up to their equaliser?

Brisley 6 - Competent performance.

Jones 6 - Posed a forward threat, the odd dodgy moment in defence.

Hawkridge 7* - Always busy, some good creative work, a constant threat.

Hewitt 6.5 - Covered a lot of ground, gave us shape in midfield.

Yates 6 - Nothing spectacular, but competed well.

Grant 6 - Anonymous first half, much better in the second with another classy finish.

Stead 5.5 - Some good touches, some clumsy.

Ameobi 6.5 - Always offered a target and kept a decent pair of centre backs occupied.

Forte 5 - No impact, struggled to get involved.

Hunt, Milsom - n/a.

Two points dropped through a combination of conceding two soft goals and some cracking saves from their keeper. It could have been worse without an equally good save from Collin at 2-2. Another bizarre refereeing performance, although in fairness he was equally incompetent for both sides. An annoying obsession with making players move back a yard for a throw-in then allowing them to move forward 3 yards to take it! Some of the cards he issued were hard to fathom, making decisions when he was some distance from play. We still lack a bit of creativity, a pity that two lapses in concentration from an otherwise decent defence led to the loss of two points.

I thought Yates was MOM.
    He reads the game really well and I thought he gave an excellent all round performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Collin 6 - Maybe could have done better with their first, stunning point-saving stop at the death.

Tootle 6 - competent overall, two very soft bookings for his red.

Brisley 6 - Competent performance.

Jones 6 - Posed a forward threat, the odd dodgy moment in defence.

Hawkridge 7* - Always busy, some good creative work, a constant threat.

Hewitt 6.5 - Covered a lot of ground, gave us shape in midfield.

Yates 6 - Nothing spectacular, but competed well.

Grant 6 - Anonymous first half, much better in the second with another classy finish.

Stead 5.5 - Some good touches, some clumsy.

Ameobi 6.5 - Always offered a target and kept a decent pair of centre backs occupied.

Forte 5 - No impact, struggled to get involved.

Hunt, Milsom - n/a.

Two points dropped through a combination of conceding two soft goals and some cracking saves from their keeper. It could have been worse without an equally good save from Collin at 2-2. Another bizarre refereeing performance, although in fairness he was equally incompetent for both sides. An annoying obsession with making players move back a yard for a throw-in then allowing them to move forward 3 yards to take it! Some of the cards he issued were hard to fathom, making decisions when he was some distance from play. We still lack a bit of creativity, a pity that two lapses in concentration from an otherwise decent defence led to the loss of two points.
    Lumping high balls to Forte is a waste of time. No wonder he wasnt involved.....

reckon our pitch suited Accie more than us, long ball on a carpet surface.

[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;38634380]

Said that to my mate EP that Duffy was looking for the foul "bloody dip-stick"

On a lighter note, did anyone hear that bloke in the second half Pavis Kop End shouting out manager type instructions to the team, ffs give it a rest mate you woke my mate up ....I can only assume that he came down from the other end of the Pavis second half or maybe from the Lawton bar to see the Notts goals...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    reckon our pitch suited Accie more than us, long ball on a carpet surface.
    I didn't see it as long ball last night. I thought we had a good mixture of getting it forward early and using the wingers.
    I was more than happy with our style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    On a lighter note, did anyone hear that bloke in the second half Pavis Kop End shouting out manager type instructions to the team, ffs give it a rest mate you woke my mate up ....I can only assume that he came down from the other end of the Pavis second half or maybe from the Lawton bar to see the Notts goals...
    Long hair blue top? He had Nolan laughing at the nonsense he was shouting the other week from just behind the dugout, didn't see him second half last night so he might have moved down.

Yep thats him Freeman, hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence, my mate needs his sleep...

... just when is Duffy going to be dropped. He's generally ok at dealing with the opposition when the play is on the ground - and that's provided the opposition are not moving at speed - but he's a nightmare and getting worse at dealing with aerial threats. He can hardly jump to win an aerial dual and their second goal typifies this deficiency. He's had enough games now to demonstrate his capability; resorting to/claiming foul play is the end for a mediocre has (was he ever) been. Time to go Mr D.
    By the way, the pony tailed blue-shirt loud mouth caused havoc in the Pavis near the directors box a couple of weeks ago. He means well but is in a world of his own/he can't stop himself and is totally unaware of those around him ... pure entertainment in his own right - you just need ear plugs!

Duffy's whole game revolves around winning headers without actually jumping and since Nolan has came in he's done fine, he played well yesterday, as did Brisley, I think he just made the wrong decision in that moment and tried to win a free kick and it cost us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast