+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Burnley player has Dyche developed the most?

Which Burnley player has Dyche developed the most?

What is it now , 4 or 5 seasons Sean Dyche has been our manager?

That's a good number of players in that time, but which one has he improved the most.

You can include as many players you want but please conclude with the one you think has come on the best. Should be tough .

Must be Michael Keane because he was no way the finished article when he arrived. Other than that Sam Vokes.

Scott Arfield for me. Huddersfield didn't think he was good enough for the Championship when Sean signed him, and first time I saw him I didn't think so either. We ended up with a very good Championship player and one who could, if only just, hold his own in the PL. Worked a miracle with Scotty did Sean imo.

No brainer this one!

Sean Dyche and Billy Mercer have made Tom Heaton the pick of the current England goalkeepers in my opinion.

I also think he has improved Lowton, Mee, Ward, Arfield, Vokes and Kevin Long.

One of Dyche's keynotes is that when one player leaves it's a great opportunity for another player. Step up Sam Vokes , who up to replacing Austin was a bit part player at both Burnley and every other club he'd been at. But Sam has been a full international for Wales since the age of 17 so doesn't get my vote.

If you include development of temperament then Joey Barton has to be up there.

Some great shouts in other posts but after a lot of thought I'm giving my vote to Matthew Lowton . He came to us shellshocked after suffering in a poor Villa side. My first impression of him was that he was a little restricted in mobility . I have seen a lot of improvement in both his mobility and spacial awareness. Plus I love his Mona Lisa smile.

Danny Ings for me, when he went down with that injury who would have thought he'd come back the way he did, seemed a very different (better) player to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    Plus I love his Mona Lisa smile.
    Strange quote that, how would someone who finds Teresa May attractive know anything about Mona Lisa's smile

😠 😂

For the donz...

Attachment 6208

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No brainer this one!

Sean Dyche and Billy Mercer have made Tom Heaton the pick of the current England goalkeepers in my opinion.
    I'm not knocking Sean or Billy but I don't think they've improved Tom all that much since he arrived.

I can remember a home game against Bristol City, back end of the 12/13 season, they were awful, we were murdering them, but we just couldn't beat their keeper, he was playing us on his own. I'd just about despaired of us ever beating him when we finally scored after about an hour, Bristol gave up completely and we added another two, but that goalkeeping performance was one of the best I've seen, ever. And of course I'd no idea who this guy was, so I went home, got on the internet, and found he was called Tom Heaton and they'd signed him from Cardiff, before then I'd never heard of him and that was all I knew about him. A month later we signed Tom Heaton, and as I was never a fan of Lee Grant, it was like Xmas had come early for me.

That first season I thought he might have done better with Ollie Norwood's long range shot at Huddersfield, that apart he was faultless, and he has been virtually faultless ever since. So it's my contention that he already was one of the best keepers in England when we signed him, but of course playing in the Championship he wasn't on the pundit's radar screens. Sean and Billy haven't done him any harm, no doubt they've improved his game marginally, but they can't take too much credit, he was the finished article when he arrived.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)