+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Charlton Athletic Post Match Thoughts

[QUOTE=monty_rhodes;38634876]Not to renew was the best decision I have made in a long time.[/QUOTE

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    That display was disappointing and worrying.The only positives were the front pair but one it seems is now crocked and the other is not our player.We have a dodgy keeper,a back line of 3 rookies and Mattock back in his new contract comfort zone. The midfield of lightweight Williams with 2 slow has-beens and the nesh and idle Newell is a recipe for defeat. Warne's style is a throwback to the 80's and he doesn't seem to realise that today's game is all about quick slick passing and movement. He should never have been made manager and I don't think he'll last to Christmas. Criminal when there were people like Alexander,Rosler and Ainsworth all probably available.
    I think that is an overreaction Timber. Just one question about Rosler. What has he won? Bottled a chance to win League 1 with Brentford and lost in playoffs with Fleetwood. Oh and was bottom of league with Wigan when sacked. It should also be noted that Wigan had parachute payments still coming in at that time. Alexander and Ainsworth? Not much from them either. We are not in a position to start calling for Warney's head yet because we need to give him a chance. 4 league games in.... come off it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    My thoughts on the matter is that although we were not great yesterday there are signs that we are starting to gel a lot better and good things are just around the corner.

300k spent on a decent CH and I think we are good to go this season.

UTM!

I don't think that is a million miles away BigLad. Would add a midfielder and look at striker situation because of injury to Proctor.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    I don't think that is a million miles away BigLad. Would add a midfielder and look at striker situation because of injury to Proctor.
    can't see anything other than one CB no better than our current ones - how many times have we been here before - few disappointed folk come Friday methinks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    How the fruck do we create "some very good chances" if we were very poor? Think about what your saying before saying it out loud.
    Out of bed the wrong side this morning? Can you explain how "missed some very good chances" and "very poor performance" are mutually exclusive? It is also possible to "score some very good goals" and still perform poorly. If you are trying to say we didn't play poorly just say it and stop slavering.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    That display was disappointing and worrying.The only positives were the front pair but one it seems is now crocked and the other is not our player.We have a dodgy keeper,a back line of 3 rookies and Mattock back in his new contract comfort zone. The midfield of lightweight Williams with 2 slow has-beens and the nesh and idle Newell is a recipe for defeat. Warne's style is a throwback to the 80's and he doesn't seem to realise that today's game is all about quick slick passing and movement. He should never have been made manager and I don't think he'll last to Christmas. Criminal when there were people like Alexander,Rosler and Ainsworth all probably available.
    Not Rosler or Ainsworth. Gary Boywer yes. Agree with everything else. Only players we've signed better than what we were left is Proctor & Moore who isn't our player. Cummings & Ihiewke give them the benefit of the doubt. Rest of the signings not good enough but what can you do. Potter tell me one league 1 side with ambitions would have signed him. We fall for it everytime.
    Last edited by gwru; 27-08-2017 at 04:57 PM.

If we loose a game I always go through the away team and think is there any from there team who I would take to play in our own team.
    two stood out yesterday for Charlton
    The south American looking left back. Quick, good feet and good defensive skill.
    And number 3. He trawled across the front of the back 4 all game breaking up anything that came through the middle..

Charlton were a good team and all knew there roll.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    If we loose a game I always go through the away team and think is there any from there team who I would take to play in our own team.
    two stood out yesterday for Charlton
    The south American looking left back. Quick, good feet and good defensive skill.
    And number 3. He trawled across the front of the back 4 all game breaking up anything that came through the middle..

Charlton were a good team and all knew there roll.
    Looking at Charltons team and set up it was hard to believe how we got it all so badly wrong !!

Considering we had all the inside information via Barkers stint there, we could hardly have performed worse ?

Firstly their manager told every body that Forster Caskey needed to play in a midfield three, so we were easily out run in centre midfield especially as Frecks batteries looked drained and Potter is a holding midfielder anyway.

Secondly their left side was devastating with a great left back and a left winger in front of him who SUFC are desperately trying to sign who was brilliant, against these two we pitted a pair of novices a 19 year old rookie left back who has struggled in every match so far and a small weekish midfielder who is trying to prove himself as well.

The third area where we failed tactically was at centre back where Warne continued to play the slowly developing Ajay when his opponent won every header and we had the ideal centre back to cover this position sat in the stands.
    I would not necessarily play Wood every match because he is too slow but this target man suited him down to the ground !!

The other area where we failed tactically was letting them have too much time and space 30 yards from goal considering they had men who liked to shoot from distance and are good at it, but our midfield were sat on the back fours boots !!

As I said to start with it was unbelievable, or nearly impossible how we got it so badly wrong.

Fair points, succinctly put

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    I think that is an overreaction Timber. Just one question about Rosler. What has he won? Bottled a chance to win League 1 with Brentford and lost in playoffs with Fleetwood. Oh and was bottom of league with Wigan when sacked. It should also be noted that Wigan had parachute payments still coming in at that time. Alexander and Ainsworth? Not much from them either. We are not in a position to start calling for Warney's head yet because we need to give him a chance. 4 league games in.... come off it.
    Rosler outmanaged us at Fleetwood!!Sad thing is Fleetwood will be paying more to Rosler ,than we would be prepared to.Easy to have
    a pop at Warney but he has not got any support and bringing in Barker was another cheap option.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567