+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Message to Raymond - Your teas oot. time to go.

Message to Raymond - Your teas oot. time to go.

Not because we lost today because we won't win every game.
    But the manner in which we lost.
    It's evident from last year and again this year that you're not the man for the job.
    Performances are not acceptable and the buck stops with you.

i can see why fans arent happy. the performances have been shocking even this season with so called better players. today was a bad day putting it lightly.
    however its still gonna take a bit longer for me to be calling for any sackings.
    its a bad day but we've played 4 won 3 and lost 1 which is better than i thought we would do when i saw the 1st 4 fixtures.
    theres been enough signs so far this season that we can win this league and be better than last season.

hopefully this is the kick up the backside the team needs to realise that they cant perform poorly every week and get away with it like in previous games.

lets not get too carried away with this result.

Darren, I've supported United since the 60's and don't make knee jerk comments.
    I know you didn't suggest that.
    I don't think it's the players although they have to accept some responsibility but the buck stops with Mackinnon.
    There's always some reason to excuse Mackinnon but bottom line is he's not good enough.

i know dont get me wrong im not completely satisfied by the teams ray puts out and like you said the performances have been poor but i just think that this time last year after 4 games we had 5pts this year we have 9 so there has been some sort of improvement.

today was shocking cant defend Ray for today but i do still think there is something there that shows we can win this league.

all im saying is wait until the next four games dumbarton(H), Falkirk (a), Morton (h) and Dunfermline (a) after them games we can get a good gauge of what team we will be and if were struggling then thats when we should start to consider anything like that.

but if we end that run played 8 with 18pts (won 3 lost 1 out of 4) then we wont be complaining too much.

Patience is required

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    all im saying is wait until the next four games dumbarton(H), Falkirk (a), Morton (h) and Dunfermline (a) after them games we can get a good gauge of what team we will be and if were struggling then thats when we should start to consider anything like that.

but if we end that run played 8 with 18pts (won 3 lost 1 out of 4) then we wont be complaining too much.

Patience is required
    Although im not hitting the button yet, if that loss is against Dunfermline and they dont loose points elsewhere, we are 4 points behind them, and they are looking good this season!

Hail mary full of grace.

My problem with the patience thing is that we give this imposter too long and end up chasing the top position.
    With our squad we should win this league but a lesser team with a better manager will leave us behind.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    My problem with the patience thing is that we give this imposter too long and end up chasing the top position.
    With our squad we should win this league but a lesser team with a better manager will leave us behind.
    last week poor tday ***an awfulbye bye ray

thats why im suggesting after the next 4 games. if we dont come out the end of the run with at least 6/7pts then i would be starting to call for ray to go aswell. after the 8 games there would is still plenty of time for any manager to come in to turn us around.

having said that last season it took us until end of october before we started to get some consistency so i dont know
    i just wouldnt be hitting any panic buttons yet after today

It's not after today though Darren.
    It's last season as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)