+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rays league record

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’m happy with someone looking for change.

We need change at the club. Wish there was something more organised in pressing for change the club needs

Golf on a Saturday though - nah!!
    The new DU Supporters' Foundation is a new group not necessarily pressing for change.
    Maybe more waiting in the wings for whatever eventuality.
    They consist of a lot of very able & trustworthy Arabs.
    I think they're meeting the Board on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    It indisputable that plumber is only ever active on here when we lose. He seems to be extremely motivated to stir up discontent and seems almost unhappy when we win. I reckon smart posters are starting to notice this and he has been found out a bit. There is nothing wrong with criticising but surely a fan of united is going to be able to be positive sometimes.
    He is just totally disillusioned in my opinion which i can understand,i am amazed at the support United still carry given the absolute dross served up under Ray.Make no mistake about it this is as bad as its ever been in my lifetime of following the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    The new DU Supporters' Foundation is a new group not necessarily pressing for change.
    Maybe more waiting in the wings for whatever eventuality.
    They consist of a lot of very able & trustworthy Arabs.
    I think they're meeting the Board on Thursday.
    They actually want to give the worst chairman in the history of the club more money!,its got to be said we are one really phucked up club at the moment.I Know they are trying to follow the Hearts model but they have the squeaky clean Ann Budge in charge and we have someone who is wining and dining 19 year old lassies.

Until a group come up with a viable alternative to ST, this is the position we are in. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    He is just totally disillusioned in my opinion which i can understand,i am amazed at the support United still carry given the absolute dross served up under Ray.Make no mistake about it this is as bad as its ever been in my lifetime of following the club.
    I don't think that's right Boat, DUSF has gone out of its way to say they're NOT for giving the current hierarchy any funds.
    They're wise enough to know that would be very counter productive.
    You probably know some of the founder members, there is some talent there, some excellent business people, devoted Arabs and definitely not stupid, they have a fair handle on the current state of affairs and definitely not naive.

(This in reply to post # 33 sorry).

I don't think that's right Boat, DUSF has gone out of its way to say they're NOT for giving the current hierarchy any funds.
    They're wise enough to know that would be very counter productive.
    You probably know some of the founder members, there is some talent there, some excellent business people, devoted Arabs and definitely not stupid, they have a fair handle on the current state of affairs and definitely not naive.

(This in reply to post # 33 sorry).
    At the outset they said they wouldn’t give money to current regime but that quickly changed to “one member one vote”. So money could be given to current regime if members say so.

I know of some of the steering group and I know one in particular who I have huge respect for.

Still doesn’t stop me querying why they didn’t simply take over the Trust (would’ve taken about a month via EGM route) then relaunched Trust in DUSF’s image but have the clout of third largest shares in club and place on board to resign or whatever.

I’m yet to receive a credible explanation why they didn’t just do that.

On Ray’s record. It’s the away form that’s done him down. That needs addressed. Travel earlier or later, whatever. Just try and figure out why away is an issue.

Maybe players too used to cushy St Andrews and Tannadice home dressing rooms and don’t like the away digs at a place like Dumbarton?
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 27-09-2017 at 12:19 PM.

'Simply taking over the Trust' Frank would have been much to aggressive a strategy and would only have alienated support.
    'Who's this new lot coming in & steamrolling ArabTRUST?'
    Would have given the new group an immediate reputation as Billy Bigbaws.

Maybe don't rule out it happening in the future tho?

'Simply taking over the Trust' Frank would have been much to aggressive a strategy and would only have alienated support.
    'Who's this new lot coming in & steamrolling ArabTRUST?'
    Would have given the new group an immediate reputation as Billy Bigbaws.

Maybe don't rule out it happening in the future tho?
    Or it could have United the support behind one group rather than 4 or 5 and saved their founder members 13k in setup costs in the process.

Imagine the good that 13k could’ve done in helping attract a bidder or pressure for more of the unissued shares?

When Ray is saying that Fyvie is playing at the top of his game is it any wonder plumber prefers golf?

'Simply take over the trust'

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)