+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rays league record

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    'Simply taking over the Trust' Frank would have been much to aggressive a strategy and would only have alienated support.
    'Who's this new lot coming in & steamrolling ArabTRUST?'
    Would have given the new group an immediate reputation as Billy Bigbaws.

Maybe don't rule out it happening in the future tho?
    More or less what I've said on another thread.

P 44
    W 20
    D 14
    L 10

Most Arabs will be delighted tonight

Really enjoyed game today, how did the golf go plumber?😊

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    P 44
    W 20
    D 14
    L 10

Most Arabs will be delighted tonight
    Although not a great record(for this league) ....

Ye delighted the night.

Especially when you think (and bare in mind our less than stellar away form this year) that since our win a year ago (the Cammy Bell game) they have lost only 3 of the 16 league Home matches since and their last four were at home have been..

Dunfy 3-1 Morton
    Dunfy 5-1 ICT
    Dunfy 3-1 Falkirk
    Dunfy 3-0 St Mirren

That was much more like it today. And that is the minimum level of performance we should expect from a Dundee United team. I thought Willo did well at RB. I'd like to see Billy King take on the full back more, as he had several one on one opportunities and wasn't nearly direct enough for my liking. Great day out though!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Especially when you think (and bare in mind our less than stellar away form this year) that since our win a year ago (the Cammy Bell game) they have lost only 3 of the 16 league Home matches since and their last four were at home have been..

Dunfy 3-1 Morton
    Dunfy 5-1 ICT
    Dunfy 3-1 Falkirk
    Dunfy 3-0 St Mirren
    That's a fair post but i still think budget wise we should be pyshing this league with what has happened to Falkirk,the only other team i felt were a major threat is ST Mirren,nae budget but a better manager was my reasoning.

The other factor to take into consideration so far also is that in this first quarter we've had to go to ICT, St Mirren, Falkirk and now Dunfermline. Teams that would have been regarded as close rivals for the league. And, unexpectedly now up there in the league, Livingston next week also. Next quarter we have them ALL at home.

Additionally, in contrast to last season we have actually won not just away, but away at league title rivals. RM is certainly not out of the woods in terms of fan confidence. Not by a long chalk. But, a few more like today and last week on the spin and we might just start to believe that we may finally wake up from this godawful nightmare.

Good point jamesmclean regarding fixtures, with our home record hopefully we'll turn the screw over the next quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Good point jamesmclean regarding fixtures, with our home record hopefully we'll turn the screw over the next quarter
    To win this league we need to be winning at Livi; Queens; Morton Brechin ICT and especially ****ing Dumbarton twice!!

Great last two results now let's put a run that takes us clear. St Mirren still worry me greatly. Hopefully Jack Ross and Morgan are gone by Jan.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)