+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Things were so much simpler when I was growing up playing football. I just turned up and knew I was either gonna be playing left or right wing or through the middle. The rest of my team mates (mckinnon included btw) knew where they playing and we just played. Can never remember learning any sh!te about formations at training and the teams I played for won the odd league and cup now and again. We just went out and tried to score as many goals as possible and it was usually good fun..

Ah the good old days..., 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    Things were so much simpler when I was growing up playing football. I just turned up and knew I was either gonna be playing left or right wing or through the middle. The rest of my team mates (mckinnon included btw) knew where they playing and we just played. Can never remember learning any sh!te about formations at training and the teams I played for won the odd league and cup now and again. We just went out and tried to score as many goals as possible and it was usually good fun..

Ah the good old days..., ��
    Are you Boney Jedi?
    (Not that I expect an honest answer, your anonymity is important).

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Are you Boney Jedi?
    (Not that I expect an honest answer, your anonymity is important).

Not as thin as I used to be Smeds but I was never Boney.! 😂

I mostly played in teams against our illustrious leader growing up so probably not who ure thinking of..

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post

Ah the good old days..., 😊
    aye those were the days. Straight from kick off id get out of the way of any fancy play or dangerous tackles and poach anything i could. I was a right greedy lazy fecker but scored a bucket load i was the 1 in 4231 obviously - 4 defenders 2 midfield 3 strikers and the lazy fecker standing on the six yard line

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    aye those were the days. Straight from kick off id get out of the way of any fancy play or dangerous tackles and poach anything i could. I was a right greedy lazy fecker but scored a bucket load i was the 1 in 4231 obviously - 4 defenders 2 midfield 3 strikers and the lazy fecker standing on the six yard line
    You never know SB, I may have laid a few on a plate for you with my dazzling pace 😂. Can't remember too many idle buggers in any team I played for tho. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Are YOU Boney shedboy 71?

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Because I find it pathetic that folk would act like that. Managers that have been terrible in one job have done well elsewhere and vice versa so to have that attitude of just waiting for the slightest thing to go wrong so your can jump all over and say you were right is so consistent with modern football fans. I have it personally.
    Act like what? have an opinion that an appointment is not the right appointment based on his previous, lack of experience?

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Great managers such as McLean, Stein & Ferguson were not necessarily demonstrative.
    Not all managers react like Klopp going mental when they score.
    Or constantly waving their arms, pointing, shouting & running about the technical area.
    It's up to the individual's personality.

Just on that point, who was our last demonstrative manager?
    JYM, Stein and Ferguson mentioned in a Ray McKinnon thread, deary me...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Act like what? have an opinion that an appointment is not the right appointment based on his previous, lack of experience?
    Nope, as I've said I've no issue with people feeling it might not work but this "I knew" stuff is beyond smug. You didn't know anything, like I said managers who have been awful at one club do well at another and vice versa. Waiting for him to fail rather than backing him until he does is pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Nope, as I've said I've no issue with people feeling it might not work but this "I knew" stuff is beyond smug. You didn't know anything, like I said managers who have been awful at one club do well at another and vice versa. Waiting for him to fail rather than backing him until he does is pathetic
    I disagree, plenty, including myself were not overly excited with the appointment and predicted it wouldnt work. Its looking more and more that the predictions are sadly coming true, no one wanted him to fail as no one wants another season in this sh1te league and being honest i dont think we can survive another season down here with zero TV revenue and the likes of Dumbarton etc coming to Tannadice paying at the gate, no way can we afford to stay down another year in what is arguably the weakest championship for f ucking years! I dont think anyone hasnt backed him, ST has backed him with money and we the support have backed him with significant season ticket sales, two years in a row!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)