+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

So if we scrape winning the league we'll go back down

Can I borrow you guy's Delorion so I can also look into the future...... I might get a fkn coupon up. Lol.

Hope we don't win 1-0 on Saturday. There will be uproar on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    I agree with nearly all of that apart from some fans clearly haven't backed him from the start hence my stance on it.
    Who hasn't backed McKinnon or the Club? Fans have backed both IMO. We sold 5000 season tickets last season and sales have held up remarkably this season considering the dross that was served up from Christmas last year.

Some folk may have questioned McKinnon's appointment at the time but the majority that I've seen do that are guys who attend games regularly. I've not really heard folk getting on his back either at games. People moan at Tannadice but people moan at every game regardless of who they support. We're no different from any other support. Most of the comments about Ray's inability to get us up have been made on forums or social media.

FWIW I'm not in the McKinnon Out Brigade yet but if we continue to be served up the turgid ****e that I've seen so far this season I'll be joining it tbh.

We are far too one paced and pedestrian. We have been that way for months. Comments like McKinnons comments regarding fitness last week didn't help his case either.

I have severe doubts that he knows what he's doing

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    So if we scrape winning the league we'll go back down

Can I borrow you guy's Delorion so I can also look into the future...... I might get a fkn coupon up. Lol.

Hope we don't win 1-0 on Saturday. There will be uproar on here.
    Your average football spectator these days is a moaning cvnt.
    He is neither a fan nor a supporter.
    A moaning, unforgiving cvnt.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post

Id say with absolute justification.

Poor product, overpriced and professional in name only.

Administered by corrupt yes men.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post

Correct

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    My point was not where we are now, but where we might have been had the team actually performed!

I have my doubts for this weekend, but we are looking for a few favours already so we dont get cast adrift from those above!

Cmon guys, prove me wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post

Agree.

Any paying customer is entitled to complain if they perceive their money is not bringing value.

When you get down the route of describing the average supporter as you have Smeds, you are ignoring the mismanagement of those who make the decisions.

That is a dangerous rabbit hole to go down. And the reason it is, is because when the supporters are seen as no more than moans that spend their cash then they are devalued to a level that accepts mediocrity because the powers that be think “the fans just don’t get what we are trying to do”. Regardless of the failure and decline a club like ours has seen.

Think that and the game is a bogey.

There is as little point in your position on fellow fans as there is in supporting a club in general.

We may as well become window shoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    My point was not where we are now, but where we might have been had the team actually performed!

I have my doubts for this weekend, but we are looking for a few favours already so we dont get cast adrift from those above!

Cmon guys, prove me wrong!
    gotcha mate, and aye, i agree!

No matter how much I love going to the cinema I do not go to watch crappy films!

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    That's modern society for you smeds.

There are many more activities for people to choose from so if a football club wants to attract and keep fans they have to offer an "awesome" day out.

A lot of fans can forgive the dross served up because the game is sandwiched between a few pints with friends before the game and maybe the same after.

If you go straight to an average match then head home afterwards there have been the majority of occasions under Ray where you'd be thinking "that was a waste of time and money"

I would rather see 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats over a 10 game cycle IF I came away having seen dynamic, exciting football with decent quality thrown in.

Rather than 10 insipid performances resulting in a slightly better points haul (which is what we got at Tannadice for the whole of last season)

As posters have mentioned Ray has maybe had TWO standout games in his time at United. I really want him to succeed but he has done very little to change tactics/strategy that I have seen.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)