shopify analytics
+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Ram, are you suggesting that if Thompson goes then things will improve on the park.?
    Mackinnons inability is not down to him (bad as he is)

If if McKinnon did go would you trust him to get the next manager right ?? , given his record in this department I would say no

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    If if McKinnon did go would you trust him to get the next manager right ?? , given his record in this department I would say no
    Im gonna have to go back to Rays post match interview and watch his reaction when asked about more business this week. Something is not ringing true for me.

At the time JMac seemed a good choice that started well until it all went t*ts up.
    Mixu was a bad choice and the cheap option.
    Don't think Wright was ever going to leave St J.
    Who knows whether Hughes would have kept us up if he'd been prepared to pay the money.
    There was a lot of support for Ray although many thought him the wrong choice.
    I don't think there's any chance of Mackinnon being sacked and absolutely no chance he'll resign.

Definitely won't resign , however , if performances don't improve a decision will have to be made , don't think the club could afford another season in the championship

As in what Chick ????

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    As in what Chick ????
    Just his body language and reaction to the question, like i say, will have to look at it again and the touring cars are on!

Would give him the next four league games.
    Two difficult away games in Falkirk and Pars to prove we have what it takes.
    Any more guff like yesterday and he should go.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Ram, are you suggesting that if Thompson goes then things will improve on the park.?
    Mackinnons inability is not down to him (bad as he is)
    Ancient Garden Implement Storage Receptable Junior Male, that is exactly what I am saying.....ultimately! It is clear that the Thompson dynasty offers nothing to Dundee United Football Club other than embarrassment, heartache and destruction. There appears to be a bad culture at Tannadice affecting everything from the top to the bottom of the Club which won't be exorcised by Ray's departure. It became obvious during Jackie's tenure and no amount of changes in managers and coaching staff or players have changed this one little bit. Even the pies (doesn't matter which type) have gone downhill in that time, at least those up for sampling in the Gee Eff Upper.

Someone needs to pour a large supply of laxatives into the Tannadice drinking water to encourage a massive bowel movement to flush out those responsible for this unfortunate culture. Only under new ownership and guidance will the Phoenix rise from the ashes. May it be soon.

If Thompson saves his hide yet again by ousting his manager/head coach, it will change nothing on the park. Yes Ray is out of his depth but the more pressing need is for the Chrome Dome to be evacuated from the premises. Let any new owners deal with Ray. First things first.

I would rather my Club had disappeared under the control of Jim McLean than suffer its slow, terminal decline under the Thompson Dynasty.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 27-08-2017 at 03:01 PM.

There might be some truth in your assertions Ram but Thompson will only go when he thinks it's best for him.
    In the meantime we can't continue with a manager who is unable to get the best out of what looks, on paper at least, the strongest squad in the league.
    For me there's no evidence that Ray can turn things around.
    Agree about the pehs.
    Used to be a Nicolls pie and a bovril for me.

For me the knowledge of jackies contract seemed to start to sour things and the departure of the Tim two caused breakdown.

Mixu was the cheap bad option at wrong time.

Most on here agree Ray recruited well on summer. He's a decent guy - let him have a go to see what he can get out of the players he has picked up and who want to play for him

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    There might be some truth in your assertions Ram but Thompson will only go when he thinks it's best for him.
    In the meantime we can't continue with a manager who is unable to get the best out of what looks, on paper at least, the strongest squad in the league.
    For me there's no evidence that Ray can turn things around.
    Agree about the pehs.
    Used to be a Nicolls pie and a bovril for me.
    AAAAArgh! Why did you have to mention Nicholls??? Oh, sorry, you meant the pehs. I agree! I also agree that there is no evidence that Ray is going to turn things round, but that is never going to happen under the Thompson Dynasty, no matter whose backside sits in the dug-out. Dundee United FC provides Thompson with the prospect of a very healthy Chief Executive wage and a multitude of other 'benefits and privileges' (use a wide interpretation) which he will not get anywhere else. Once he has left Tannadice behind for the last time, it's very likely to be a downhill ride for him. There might be a lot more to his high asking price than meets the eye. He is fortunate that when things really start to focus on him, he throws the manager under the bus and escapes relatively unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    For me the knowledge of jackies contract seemed to start to sour things and the departure of the Tim two caused breakdown.

Mixu was the cheap bad option at wrong time.

Most on here agree Ray recruited well on summer. He's a decent guy - let him have a go to see what he can get out of the players he has picked up and who want to play for him
    I am prepared for this 'go,' but only on for the short term, with ousting focus firmly first and foremost on exorcising the Thompson Dynasty. I want the spirit of Wee Jim back at my Club.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Not now, no. If we don't get promoted this season then yes, it's as stark as that for me.
    The worry for me is that if we don't go up this year we cannot afford another season down here. The more games we play, the more out of his depth Ray looks. Don't know if baldy has the cajones to do it but an early replacement as Hearts did with Cathro might be the only thing that saves our season. January might be too late. The forthcoming games against Falkirk and Dunfermline will be the absolute proof if any is still needed whether Ray can take us back up or not.

Do we take the chance of paying off Ray taking the financial hit just now,because the thought of not getting up and the consequences of that could mean many years out of the top flight , has to be someone who could do a better job with the squad we have.

Was thinking maybe get an experience auld heid to help oot, wonder what Tommy Mcleans doing the noo?

Mckinnon's vision seems to be obscured by a historical tangerine mist and he has to break away from the player mentality and be a manager in the dressing room who must be an absolute b**t*rd
    Then we may see a reaction on the touchline instead of standing there with his arms folded shaking his head
    He has a backroom staff of coaches and advisories surely they must see his tactical and clueless inadequacy
    If they don't then they are as ignorant as him
    Possibly a clear out of the backroom staff and recruit an old head to work with him to steady the ship
    If this poor performances continue i'm afraid that a gap will appear between us and other title contenders which wont be so easy to claw back

Punt McKinnon and let ST employ another dud? This is never ending. Punting McKinnon will do **** all with the chairmans track record of employing managers.

Why would it be another dud ?
    JMac was a decent appointment at the time.
    Mixu was a disaster. Absolutely.
    Jury was out on Mackinnon from the start. Some thought a good appointment while others didn't.
    Surely Thompson doesn't pick a manager in isolation without taking advice from football people.
    Then again it's Thompson so who knows.

Should'nt be even mentioned till november month then thereafter its the christmas window ,thats the best any doomonger can hope for . Where is all this cash for (pay offs )new manager coaches backroom staff coming from exactly? Yesterday was a wake up call ... pure downer actually but, unless your a potential buyer then better to stop shouting about thousends of pounds worth of changes. Btw having a season ticket does not count as pumpng in cash. Sunday piss up!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast