+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Wouldn't give him till end of season , we simply cannot afford to , he needs to have a rethink as to our approach to games in this league , needs to wise up soon or he will find himself out of a job , this is his team there are no excuses

Other challenging teams are picking up momentum which will boost their confidence and deliver results. Our style of play cannot breed confidence in the players. It can only produce crap. Confidence rather than crap will win this league!

We haven't impressed in one game so far this season. Could easily have lost our first 3 league games before yesterday. The same as last season boring football with players who could do so much better with a more positive manager. Next month is big for us and if things don't improve then he should go.

We scraped 3rd with Hibs in the league.
    I'm sorry to say, I see nothing to suggest we will finish higher.....the way we are playing.
    I'm prepared to wait a few games to see if things improve.
    Performances MUST get better....and quick.
    Feck knows what is going on off the park, but the players arent buying into the managers 'philosophy'......that usually leads to a parting of the ways.
    He must find a pair, and get the players to buy in, or he will be gone.
    We cant afford to NOT win the league....so we cant affoird to wait until seasons end.

Can't argue with any of that Deebuster

This result, in a vacuum shouldn't get him sacked, but if for the next month, performances and results don't improve, then yes we should cut bait before things get out of hand. A good manager would win this league at a canter with the players we have, and should really be doing it with some style.

I was encouraged to renew my season ticket by our summer business, I felt at the time and still do, that the players we brought in are a massive upgrade on last season, but it's taken all of 3 games to remind why I wanted to jack it last season. I was ***** seek watching the sh1te McKinnon continued to serve up, week in, week out, and it looks like nothings changed in that regard. Brechin last week sent the alarm bells ringing in my head once again, I don't care what people say about it ultimately being the 3 points that counts. In no scenario should Dundee United be struggling at home against Brechin phucking City, who were well worthy of a point, perhaps three.

1 bad loss isn't enough to get him sacked, but it's clear as day already, that even with a squad that on paper, should win this league with impunity, McKinnon's gonna make a meal of it.

Thompson should right now be preparing for a scenario in which we're rapidly losing ground on those at the top of the league, so that we're not caught with our dick in our hands should this situation arise.

Just read McKinnons comments after game yesterday ,quote , I didn't see that performance coming , has he watching our games so far with his eyes shut ??? .
    Scary stuff , we haven't played well in any league game so far.

Have gleaned the multifarious threads re Ray coming or going & Xmas is the earliest time for any decision on his future.
    If performances (more than results even) by his (still brand new remember) XI haven't improved after we've played the other 9 teams home & away then there will be a decision to be made.

If results are consistently poor (aligned with the current level of performance) there is no danger he will see out a further 14 games.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Just read McKinnons comments after game yesterday ,quote , I didn't see that performance coming , has he watching our games so far with his eyes shut ??? .
    Scary stuff , we haven't played well in any league game so far.
    I read these comments also. Unbelievable if true. A clear cut case of blindness or denial. Despite having won our first three games and sitting top of the league, no one was surprised to see us humped by St. Mirren. Contrastingly no one was surprised to see St. Johnstone get a draw just a few miles away at Parkhead.

No more procrastinating. Thompson must go. If he remains at the helm our club is doomed.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)