shopify analytics
+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Ancient Garden Implement Storage Receptable Junior Male, that is exactly what I am saying.....ultimately! It is clear that the Thompson dynasty offers nothing to Dundee United Football Club other than embarrassment, heartache and destruction. There appears to be a bad culture at Tannadice affecting everything from the top to the bottom of the Club which won't be exorcised by Ray's departure. It became obvious during Jackie's tenure and no amount of changes in managers and coaching staff or players have changed this one little bit. Even the pies (doesn't matter which type) have gone downhill in that time, at least those up for sampling in the Gee Eff Upper.

Someone needs to pour a large supply of laxatives into the Tannadice drinking water to encourage a massive bowel movement to flush out those responsible for this unfortunate culture. Only under new ownership and guidance will the Phoenix rise from the ashes. May it be soon.

If Thompson saves his hide yet again by ousting his manager/head coach, it will change nothing on the park. Yes Ray is out of his depth but the more pressing need is for the Chrome Dome to be evacuated from the premises. Let any new owners deal with Ray. First things first.

I would rather my Club had disappeared under the control of Jim McLean than suffer its slow, terminal decline under the Thompson Dynasty.
    What are you on about? You would rather the club had 'disappeared under the control of Jim McLean'. So all the highs that we have had in the last 15 years are completely negated by the last 3? You wouldn't have wanted to witness the Levein era, Scottish Cup win, Nads goal v Sevco at Greyskull, Johnny Russell scoring in one minute at Tanny, Armstrong, GMS, Robertson, Gauld, I could go on and on... You don't half post some rubbish on here.

Too early for calling for McKinnons napper this season imo.

Prior to this week we were showing the mark of champions - I.e playing poorly and winning. One bad defeat is a bit too soon to be losing our ****, especially just 4 games in with a mass renovated squad.

Cast an eye over the road prior to this week and you'd see a team playing well by all accounts but getting **** all - that's far more worrying!

I totally agree FTD.

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    Too early for calling for McKinnons napper this season imo.

Prior to this week we were showing the mark of champions - I.e playing poorly and winning. One bad defeat is a bit too soon to be losing our ****, especially just 4 games in with a mass renovated squad.

Cast an eye over the road prior to this week and you'd see a team playing well by all accounts but getting **** all - that's far more worrying!
    The making of champions, I've no seen united play well in about 3 years! I for one can't be ****ing arsed to watching this ****e all again this season

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    Mckinnon's vision seems to be obscured by a historical tangerine mist and he has to break away from the player mentality and be a manager in the dressing room who must be an absolute b**t*rd
    Then we may see a reaction on the touchline instead of standing there with his arms folded shaking his head
    He has a backroom staff of coaches and advisories surely they must see his tactical and clueless inadequacy
    If they don't then they are as ignorant as him
    Possibly a clear out of the backroom staff and recruit an old head to work with him to steady the ship
    If this poor performances continue i'm afraid that a gap will appear between us and other title contenders which wont be so easy to claw back
    Like him his back room staff are from lochee united there lies all the problems

Ray's after match comments are absolutely astounding and sickening,if he didn't see Saturday coming he should resign at once because everyone else watching us new we would get tanked if we played the same way as Brechin.

Ray has never got United playing well at any point of his tenure,even our best run of results last season was complete pish to watch and based on some great defensive displays and snatching goals from nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    The making of champions, I've no seen united play well in about 3 years! I for one can't be ****ing arsed to watching this ****e all again this season
    You don't need to play well to win this league.

Yes you do you cannot go a whole season playing poorly and keep winning,look back on our last season that hits the nail on the head.

McKinnon is approaching a crisis imo

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    Yes you do you cannot go a whole season playing poorly and keep winning,look back on our last season that hits the nail on the head.
    This is true, no doubt.

Im still with him. More like Saturday and that won't last long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    The worry for me is that if we don't go up this year we cannot afford another season down here. The more games we play, the more out of his depth Ray looks. Don't know if baldy has the cajones to do it but an early replacement as Hearts did with Cathro might be the only thing that saves our season. January might be too late. The forthcoming games against Falkirk and Dunfermline will be the absolute proof if any is still needed whether Ray can take us back up or not.
    The forthcoming games against Alloa & Dumbarton are more forthcoming than Falkirk & Dunfermline if you get my drift.

Like him his back room staff are from lochee united there lies all the problems
    Ray's after match comments are absolutely astounding and sickening,if he didn't see Saturday coming he should resign at once because everyone else watching us new we would get tanked if we played the same way as Brechin.

Ray has never got United playing well at any point of his tenure,even our best run of results last season was complete pish to watch and based on some great defensive displays and snatching goals from nowhere.
    I keep reading people saying he should have seen it coming. Think most of the predictions over the boards had us winning. Bit revisionary of folk

Plumber hasn't posted for weeks so you never read him saying we'd beat St Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    I keep reading people saying he should have seen it coming. Think most of the predictions over the boards had us winning. Bit revisionary of folk
    Good point Otm. I predicted 1-1 so did I see it half coming?

I posted on angry arab we'd get pumped

When you seriously struggle to beat a part time team at home how could any of you really expect a win or even a decent performance since we've played pish all season so far

Try and be smart all you want if its takes away Ray's continued failings as our manager for you guys

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    What are you on about? You would rather the club had 'disappeared under the control of Jim McLean'. So all the highs that we have had in the last 15 years are completely negated by the last 3? You wouldn't have wanted to witness the Levein era, Scottish Cup win, Nads goal v Sevco at Greyskull, Johnny Russell scoring in one minute at Tanny, Armstrong, GMS, Robertson, Gauld, I could go on and on... You don't half post some rubbish on here.
    Yeh but the other half is really good!

Is it that difficult for you to see things in context??

I am comparing the culture of the McLean era with the Thompson era. Yes Wee Jim lost it towards the end of his tenure, but overall he is the best thing that has happened to our Club. Had things gone female upper naughty bits up at the end of Jim's era it could have been viewed as an unfortunate end to an unbelievable roller coaster. This Thompson era is dragging the Club through the mud and bringing shame and disgrace to the proud Club that Wee Jim made it. If the lights go out under Thompson, after all his shenanigans, it will be a lot more gut wrenchingly terrible than if Doris switched the lights off after Jim headed for the taxi.

Just for a moment try and see where the current regime are taking us? No disrespect to Eddie but there is a clear case of 'what goes around, comes around, developing at Tannadice.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 28-08-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Plumber hasn't posted for weeks so you never read him saying we'd beat St Mirren.
    Is it possible that unlike Ray, but like many others, Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician saw the St. Mirren defeat coming?

When you seriously struggle to beat a part time team at home how could any of you really expect a win or even a decent performance since we've played pish all season so far
    I though we played really well against QotS, especially given the circumstances. Tactically RM got it spot on that day.

I posted on angry arab we'd get pumped

Try and be smart all you want if its takes away Ray's continued failings as our manager for you guys
    Don't suppose you've ever predicted a win on happy arab?

Nah. Not yet. Mangers being sacked this early in the season is one of the more ridiculous developments in football over the past 15/20 years. Granted, Saturday and last week were utterly dire but it will take time for the team to come together properly and it's FAR to early to resort to drastic measures.

Thompson era was fine by me until ST decisions started to take effect. Now I just hope he goes asap. Even Justine has left the board hasn't she??

The problems with Ray are same as last season. Can he motivate players to win week in week out, jury is out on that one.

Saturday was terrible but we have 3 wins out of 4 this season

We need to win league but the time for changing manager was in the summer.

Would be mad to sack Ray now and who would possibly want to come to replace him when he's been sacked after 9pts from 4 matches, topping league cup group and to work under ST

Ray has built a decent squad on paper with no transfer money to play with and what seems a one in one out approach.

He deserves a bit of time and support to see if he can get the team playing and winning

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast