+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Ram, are you suggesting that if Thompson goes then things will improve on the park.?
    Mackinnons inability is not down to him (bad as he is)

If if McKinnon did go would you trust him to get the next manager right ?? , given his record in this department I would say no

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    If if McKinnon did go would you trust him to get the next manager right ?? , given his record in this department I would say no
    Im gonna have to go back to Rays post match interview and watch his reaction when asked about more business this week. Something is not ringing true for me.

At the time JMac seemed a good choice that started well until it all went t*ts up.
    Mixu was a bad choice and the cheap option.
    Don't think Wright was ever going to leave St J.
    Who knows whether Hughes would have kept us up if he'd been prepared to pay the money.
    There was a lot of support for Ray although many thought him the wrong choice.
    I don't think there's any chance of Mackinnon being sacked and absolutely no chance he'll resign.

Definitely won't resign , however , if performances don't improve a decision will have to be made , don't think the club could afford another season in the championship

As in what Chick ????

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    As in what Chick ????
    Just his body language and reaction to the question, like i say, will have to look at it again and the touring cars are on!

Would give him the next four league games.
    Two difficult away games in Falkirk and Pars to prove we have what it takes.
    Any more guff like yesterday and he should go.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Ram, are you suggesting that if Thompson goes then things will improve on the park.?
    Mackinnons inability is not down to him (bad as he is)
    Ancient Garden Implement Storage Receptable Junior Male, that is exactly what I am saying.....ultimately! It is clear that the Thompson dynasty offers nothing to Dundee United Football Club other than embarrassment, heartache and destruction. There appears to be a bad culture at Tannadice affecting everything from the top to the bottom of the Club which won't be exorcised by Ray's departure. It became obvious during Jackie's tenure and no amount of changes in managers and coaching staff or players have changed this one little bit. Even the pies (doesn't matter which type) have gone downhill in that time, at least those up for sampling in the Gee Eff Upper.

Someone needs to pour a large supply of laxatives into the Tannadice drinking water to encourage a massive bowel movement to flush out those responsible for this unfortunate culture. Only under new ownership and guidance will the Phoenix rise from the ashes. May it be soon.

If Thompson saves his hide yet again by ousting his manager/head coach, it will change nothing on the park. Yes Ray is out of his depth but the more pressing need is for the Chrome Dome to be evacuated from the premises. Let any new owners deal with Ray. First things first.

I would rather my Club had disappeared under the control of Jim McLean than suffer its slow, terminal decline under the Thompson Dynasty.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 27-08-2017 at 03:01 PM.

There might be some truth in your assertions Ram but Thompson will only go when he thinks it's best for him.
    In the meantime we can't continue with a manager who is unable to get the best out of what looks, on paper at least, the strongest squad in the league.
    For me there's no evidence that Ray can turn things around.
    Agree about the pehs.
    Used to be a Nicolls pie and a bovril for me.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)