+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Said from day 1 hes not the man to take us up and the evidence proving that is mounting week by week.

I missed Saturdays game but i knew we'd get horsed. After the way we've started the season there was no doubt about it.

For the ones on here that think results matter not the way you play, well that theory got well and truly blown oot the Tay after Christmas last year! we have to play well and win, that run we went on last season was just sheer luck, we were awful throught our winning run then too.

Posters on here have claimed i have an 'agenda' against McKinnon, i dont have an agenda all im saying here is he will not get us promotoed and the longer we keep him the less chance we have

This is make or break year for Dundee United, we cannot sustain the outgoings we are currently spunking in this division, all the players on 1 years deals, another season down sees another complate rebuild its f ucking desperate stuff. We need oot this league pronto!

I'm amazed people are still backing him and thinking this is all gonna suddenly get better, we're completely gutless under ray. Boy in the work said today "ach it's only 1 game" that seems to be the mentally of our support these days, sickning 😔

Its not good enough, we are not good enough but the players IMO are more than capable of getting us promoted. Time for change

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    I'm amazed people are still backing him and thinking this is all gonna suddenly get better, we're completely gutless under ray. Boy in the work said today "ach it's only 1 game" that seems to be the mentally of our support these days, sickning ��
    I think there are too many supporters that are happy to turn up each week and just accept what they see in front of them! If things dont improve by the end of September, i will be looking at all those jobs i can do around the house on my free Saturdays!

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    I'm amazed people are still backing him and thinking this is all gonna suddenly get better, we're completely gutless under ray. Boy in the work said today "ach it's only 1 game" that seems to be the mentally of our support these days, sickning 😔
    Similarly I'm amazed at the "I knew from day one" bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Similarly I'm amazed at the "I knew from day one" bunch.
    Really? How come?

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    Yes you do you cannot go a whole season playing poorly and keep winning,look back on our last season that hits the nail on the head.

McKinnon is approaching a crisis imo
    Hibs we're pretty louping last season, lot of draws and narrow wins. Not always the better side either.

They won it at a canter.

We were ****e last season, this season we're by and large winning ugly without playing well.

i know were people are coming from in terms of the performances, some of them have been pretty shocking and most seasons i would be bothered about that more but for this season i dont really care aslong as we get the results. yeah good performances usually lead to good results but if we're getting the results regardless of the performance then i dont really have many problems.

willing to give Ray next 4 games to see if we can get the results we want but if we dont do well in these next four then questions will begin to be asked from myself. to big away days in falkirk and dunfermline in the next 4 so if he wants to show that we are different from last season and are capable of winning this league we need to be able to go to these places and not lose.

I agree with your first paragraph Darren but realistically it's going to be the next 14 games, not the next 4, that decides the management team's fate.
    But I'm confident that come Xmas the tide will have truly turned & Ray & Co will be receiving heaps of praise.
    Either that or the sack!
    So come on Ray & Co, 14 games, show us your worth.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    I agree with your first paragraph Darren but realistically it's going to be the next 14 games, not the next 4, that decides the management team's fate.
    But I'm confident that come Xmas the tide will have truly turned & Ray & Co will be receiving heaps of praise.
    Either that or the sack!
    So come on Ray & Co, 14 games, show us your worth.

See, I totally get where you're coming from re the 18 league games thing.......

.....But.........

......it's a results business, I don't think the club will wait and see where we are halfway through the season to assess things.

September is going to be pretty huge for him, there's a lot of rumblings amongst the support, well certainly around me on matchdays. That surely is mirrored behind the scenes, where not only are results and performances on field an issue, the impact they have off field is huge as well?

I really hope he gets the team playing good stuff, we kick on and we look back in 3 months thinking "WTF was that all about?" after all no-one wants to lose games, do they?

He's assembled his squad, it's his team, his tactics, we need a good result and performance or two to return that optimsim a lot of us had pre-season.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)