+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Ancient Garden Implement Storage Receptable Junior Male, that is exactly what I am saying.....ultimately! It is clear that the Thompson dynasty offers nothing to Dundee United Football Club other than embarrassment, heartache and destruction. There appears to be a bad culture at Tannadice affecting everything from the top to the bottom of the Club which won't be exorcised by Ray's departure. It became obvious during Jackie's tenure and no amount of changes in managers and coaching staff or players have changed this one little bit. Even the pies (doesn't matter which type) have gone downhill in that time, at least those up for sampling in the Gee Eff Upper.

Someone needs to pour a large supply of laxatives into the Tannadice drinking water to encourage a massive bowel movement to flush out those responsible for this unfortunate culture. Only under new ownership and guidance will the Phoenix rise from the ashes. May it be soon.

If Thompson saves his hide yet again by ousting his manager/head coach, it will change nothing on the park. Yes Ray is out of his depth but the more pressing need is for the Chrome Dome to be evacuated from the premises. Let any new owners deal with Ray. First things first.

I would rather my Club had disappeared under the control of Jim McLean than suffer its slow, terminal decline under the Thompson Dynasty.
    What are you on about? You would rather the club had 'disappeared under the control of Jim McLean'. So all the highs that we have had in the last 15 years are completely negated by the last 3? You wouldn't have wanted to witness the Levein era, Scottish Cup win, Nads goal v Sevco at Greyskull, Johnny Russell scoring in one minute at Tanny, Armstrong, GMS, Robertson, Gauld, I could go on and on... You don't half post some rubbish on here.

Too early for calling for McKinnons napper this season imo.

Prior to this week we were showing the mark of champions - I.e playing poorly and winning. One bad defeat is a bit too soon to be losing our ****, especially just 4 games in with a mass renovated squad.

Cast an eye over the road prior to this week and you'd see a team playing well by all accounts but getting **** all - that's far more worrying!

I totally agree FTD.

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    Too early for calling for McKinnons napper this season imo.

Prior to this week we were showing the mark of champions - I.e playing poorly and winning. One bad defeat is a bit too soon to be losing our ****, especially just 4 games in with a mass renovated squad.

Cast an eye over the road prior to this week and you'd see a team playing well by all accounts but getting **** all - that's far more worrying!
    The making of champions, I've no seen united play well in about 3 years! I for one can't be ****ing arsed to watching this ****e all again this season

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    Mckinnon's vision seems to be obscured by a historical tangerine mist and he has to break away from the player mentality and be a manager in the dressing room who must be an absolute b**t*rd
    Then we may see a reaction on the touchline instead of standing there with his arms folded shaking his head
    He has a backroom staff of coaches and advisories surely they must see his tactical and clueless inadequacy
    If they don't then they are as ignorant as him
    Possibly a clear out of the backroom staff and recruit an old head to work with him to steady the ship
    If this poor performances continue i'm afraid that a gap will appear between us and other title contenders which wont be so easy to claw back
    Like him his back room staff are from lochee united there lies all the problems

Ray's after match comments are absolutely astounding and sickening,if he didn't see Saturday coming he should resign at once because everyone else watching us new we would get tanked if we played the same way as Brechin.

Ray has never got United playing well at any point of his tenure,even our best run of results last season was complete pish to watch and based on some great defensive displays and snatching goals from nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    The making of champions, I've no seen united play well in about 3 years! I for one can't be ****ing arsed to watching this ****e all again this season
    You don't need to play well to win this league.

Yes you do you cannot go a whole season playing poorly and keep winning,look back on our last season that hits the nail on the head.

McKinnon is approaching a crisis imo

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    Yes you do you cannot go a whole season playing poorly and keep winning,look back on our last season that hits the nail on the head.
    This is true, no doubt.

Im still with him. More like Saturday and that won't last long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    The worry for me is that if we don't go up this year we cannot afford another season down here. The more games we play, the more out of his depth Ray looks. Don't know if baldy has the cajones to do it but an early replacement as Hearts did with Cathro might be the only thing that saves our season. January might be too late. The forthcoming games against Falkirk and Dunfermline will be the absolute proof if any is still needed whether Ray can take us back up or not.
    The forthcoming games against Alloa & Dumbarton are more forthcoming than Falkirk & Dunfermline if you get my drift.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)