+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

For me the knowledge of jackies contract seemed to start to sour things and the departure of the Tim two caused breakdown.

Mixu was the cheap bad option at wrong time.

Most on here agree Ray recruited well on summer. He's a decent guy - let him have a go to see what he can get out of the players he has picked up and who want to play for him

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    There might be some truth in your assertions Ram but Thompson will only go when he thinks it's best for him.
    In the meantime we can't continue with a manager who is unable to get the best out of what looks, on paper at least, the strongest squad in the league.
    For me there's no evidence that Ray can turn things around.
    Agree about the pehs.
    Used to be a Nicolls pie and a bovril for me.
    AAAAArgh! Why did you have to mention Nicholls??? Oh, sorry, you meant the pehs. I agree! I also agree that there is no evidence that Ray is going to turn things round, but that is never going to happen under the Thompson Dynasty, no matter whose backside sits in the dug-out. Dundee United FC provides Thompson with the prospect of a very healthy Chief Executive wage and a multitude of other 'benefits and privileges' (use a wide interpretation) which he will not get anywhere else. Once he has left Tannadice behind for the last time, it's very likely to be a downhill ride for him. There might be a lot more to his high asking price than meets the eye. He is fortunate that when things really start to focus on him, he throws the manager under the bus and escapes relatively unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    For me the knowledge of jackies contract seemed to start to sour things and the departure of the Tim two caused breakdown.

Mixu was the cheap bad option at wrong time.

Most on here agree Ray recruited well on summer. He's a decent guy - let him have a go to see what he can get out of the players he has picked up and who want to play for him
    I am prepared for this 'go,' but only on for the short term, with ousting focus firmly first and foremost on exorcising the Thompson Dynasty. I want the spirit of Wee Jim back at my Club.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Not now, no. If we don't get promoted this season then yes, it's as stark as that for me.
    The worry for me is that if we don't go up this year we cannot afford another season down here. The more games we play, the more out of his depth Ray looks. Don't know if baldy has the cajones to do it but an early replacement as Hearts did with Cathro might be the only thing that saves our season. January might be too late. The forthcoming games against Falkirk and Dunfermline will be the absolute proof if any is still needed whether Ray can take us back up or not.

Do we take the chance of paying off Ray taking the financial hit just now,because the thought of not getting up and the consequences of that could mean many years out of the top flight , has to be someone who could do a better job with the squad we have.

Was thinking maybe get an experience auld heid to help oot, wonder what Tommy Mcleans doing the noo?

Mckinnon's vision seems to be obscured by a historical tangerine mist and he has to break away from the player mentality and be a manager in the dressing room who must be an absolute b**t*rd
    Then we may see a reaction on the touchline instead of standing there with his arms folded shaking his head
    He has a backroom staff of coaches and advisories surely they must see his tactical and clueless inadequacy
    If they don't then they are as ignorant as him
    Possibly a clear out of the backroom staff and recruit an old head to work with him to steady the ship
    If this poor performances continue i'm afraid that a gap will appear between us and other title contenders which wont be so easy to claw back

Punt McKinnon and let ST employ another dud? This is never ending. Punting McKinnon will do **** all with the chairmans track record of employing managers.

Why would it be another dud ?
    JMac was a decent appointment at the time.
    Mixu was a disaster. Absolutely.
    Jury was out on Mackinnon from the start. Some thought a good appointment while others didn't.
    Surely Thompson doesn't pick a manager in isolation without taking advice from football people.
    Then again it's Thompson so who knows.

Should'nt be even mentioned till november month then thereafter its the christmas window ,thats the best any doomonger can hope for . Where is all this cash for (pay offs )new manager coaches backroom staff coming from exactly? Yesterday was a wake up call ... pure downer actually but, unless your a potential buyer then better to stop shouting about thousends of pounds worth of changes. Btw having a season ticket does not count as pumpng in cash. Sunday piss up!!

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)