+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

I kinda get what FTD is saying but the difference is with us and hibs last season is they had guts, they won when it mattered like 1-0 at Tannadice, 3-0 easter rd, winning away to Falkirk etc.

We've clearly still not got that steel required as Saturday showed, comes down to the management team, he's no gonna get us up.

Oh and I wouldn't put myself in the "I knew from day 1 bunch" as you put it Otm shank, I've just got an opinion and a pair of eyes ☺

Go Ray,Damage limitation,or we be in a worse state than Texas (Nae the group fae yesteryear wi Sharleen Spiteri)

i always look out for the score, a habit that will never be fleeting

no that really bothered aboot utd that much these days the club for the last 5 years on a nose dive decline

i never thought i would see the day when we became a bigger joke than the dee's

i just saw the st mirren game and highlights and both goals i watched the midfield are posted missing. very poor positional, play what was willo or fyvie doing in the opposition half?

back four stood off no protection from midfield's and 2 of the goals from 30yards oot, im no danny murphy but this appears a set up, tactical, moral issue.

Ray has maybe inspired one performance in his time at utd, not showing leadership or charisma, his record and performances, considering the level we are playing, is an all time low

im very dubious on his signings both windows he adds but not the type of player we need or in the areas we need, a tendency for creating lop sided teams.

i see no improvement from last year, we have signed names and bar stanton, who else would get pass marks?

Ray will be like Jackie, they will never manager higher than their time at tannadice. well done chairman.

So, in summary, you can't really be bother with United nowadays. Ah well, your loss.

I hope I never get to the stage when I say that I can't be bothered with united anymore. **** that

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    I hope I never get to the stage when I say that I can't be bothered with united anymore. **** that
    I made a prediction last season that just that sort of thing will happen. It may not happen this season, but if results and performances continue as they are or we look like we are cast adrift from the top teams, i can see me finding something else to do with my free Saturdays.

I think we have the players to win the league. But, I feel very concerned at the level of performance so far.

If we continue to struggle to assert ourselves over the next 4-5 games we should look to replace Ray. I don't think we can afford to wait until Xmas.

The writing was clearly on the wall with McNamara, and the board failed to act. They need to learn from that.

I would love it if Ray can make a success out of this season. The players are there. But, he needs to get this team motoring pronto. That's his job.

I'm not a football manager, but it's clear that we are far from a confident team able to produce fearless football.

Get your finger boot Ray.

IMO most managers have sussed out that they having nothing to fear from United.
    Probably recognise that we have the strongest squad but don't have a manager who can get the best out of them.
    Ray might have all the badges and all the theory but he doesn't seem to have that skill that makes a successful manager.
    Like all the other Mackinnon detractors I really hope he can prove me wrong.
    It's really a sad situation that instead of us all being 100% behind the manager we're actually discussing getting rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Similarly I'm amazed at the "I knew from day one" bunch.
    Hows that OTM

Im interested in your views on this one

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Hows that OTM

Im interested in your views on this one
    Because I find it pathetic that folk would act like that. Managers that have been terrible in one job have done well elsewhere and vice versa so to have that attitude of just waiting for the slightest thing to go wrong so your can jump all over and say you were right is so consistent with modern football fans. I have it personally.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)