+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Your average football spectator these days is a moaning cvnt.
    He is neither a fan nor a supporter.
    A moaning, unforgiving cvnt.
    I'm afraid I have to agree with this.

Things have not been great for United past few years ( understatement ) but FFS it's relentless, especially on here. The internet has contributed massively to this by providing a public outlet for Mr angry puss.

Before I get feking jumped on , I agree also things are not going well at the moment in respect of our team, performances and Rays tactics. I do however feel Ray can and will improve things. So give him a bit more time, get behind the team and let's hopefully kick on. I will always support and follow United no matter what league we are in or how we are playing. They are my club and always will be. I seriously hope and believe things will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    some fans criticise him and i dont blame them, how can you when we ahev had 2 decent performances since he came here? Partick first half and QOS away? Fans have every right as its not good enough. PATY will take a blow as long as he's in charge as the product on display is quite frankly shocking. What gets me is looking at the players we have majority are SPL standard or have plenty SPL experience yet we still cant string a few passes together and seem to get bullied.
    Youre missing my point this is about from the start I.e before a ball is kicked

Quote Originally Posted by huntedbyafreak View Post
    Who hasn't backed McKinnon or the Club? Fans have backed both IMO. We sold 5000 season tickets last season and sales have held up remarkably this season considering the dross that was served up from Christmas last year.

Some folk may have questioned McKinnon's appointment at the time but the majority that I've seen do that are guys who attend games regularly. I've not really heard folk getting on his back either at games. People moan at Tannadice but people moan at every game regardless of who they support. We're no different from any other support. Most of the comments about Ray's inability to get us up have been made on forums or social media.

FWIW I'm not in the McKinnon Out Brigade yet but if we continue to be served up the turgid ****e that I've seen so far this season I'll be joining it tbh.

We are far too one paced and pedestrian. We have been that way for months. Comments like McKinnons comments regarding fitness last week didn't help his case either.

I have severe doubts that he knows what he's doing
    This started with me talking about the "I always knew" group. So clearly them

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Youre missing my point this is about from the start I.e before a ball is kicked
    And my argument is that people like me werent over enamoured with his appointment due to his lack of experience so are quite within their rights to say they had doubts/concerns from the start of his tenure. This does not mean we have not backed him, this does not mean we do not want him to do well.

This started with me talking about the "I always knew" group. So clearly them
    Nonsense, hes been backed and now we have seen zero change in the team in regards to performances people are who 'always knew' are being proven right.

And my argument is that people like me werent over enamoured with his appointment due to his lack of experience so are quite within their rights to say they had doubts/concerns from the start of his tenure. This does not mean we have not backed him, this does not mean we do not want him to do well.
    And I'm not saying you were one of those people but to claim they didn't exist is just wrong.

They're not because they never knew anything. Like i say it can go either way and usually at our level a manager is going to fail at some point anyway so saying before a ball is kicked that they will fail is hardly clairvoyance. Reservations are one thing but these people have never given him a single bit of credit and jump on every single piece of negativity. I'm sorry but i don't think it's crazy to suggest that subconsciously being right on a message board is important to these people. Such is society these days

They're not because they never knew anything. Like i say it can go either way and usually at our level a manager is going to fail at some point anyway so saying before a ball is kicked that they will fail is hardly clairvoyance. Reservations are one thing but these people have never given him a single bit of credit and jump on every single piece of negativity. I'm sorry but i don't think it's crazy to suggest that subconsciously being right on a message board is important to these people. Such is society these days

If you would care to list(top 10 will do) things that he should be given credit for, this would go someway to addressing peoples concerns.

If you are struggling, Im sure others will be happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    If you would care to list(top 10 will do) things that he should be given credit for, this would go someway to addressing peoples concerns.

If you are struggling, Im sure others will be happy to help.
    ....and there it is. I'm talking about any game he's won since being in charge has been met by some with "aye well he should have won it" rather than just being happy and giving a little credit. Ridiculous stuff like your question there prove my point perfectly

....and there it is. I'm talking about any game he's won since being in charge has been met by some with "aye well he should have won it" rather than just being happy and giving a little credit. Ridiculous stuff like your question there prove my point perfectly

So he should be given credit for winning games we should win and we should just be happy at how that is accomplished regardless?

Fan morale is at rock bottom. This is not confined to those who inhabit United Mad.

Just listen to the conversations around you if you go to the games, and in the local hostelries.

Ray has time to turn this around, but there has to be evidence that this is happening which is sadly not yet apparent.

With our clout and squad we should not be nervous playing the Brechins and Dumbartons of this world at home and should be looking forward to playing on the road against the St Mirrens and Dunfermlines.

Many fans are currently turning up out of duty to United, but there should be more reasons than that....surely we have a right to be entertained.

I will be the first to apologise if we go on a winning run and start playing an attacking brand of football.

That is what we should expect if we are to escape this pit of despair.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)