+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Mayweather v McGregor

O/T Mayweather v McGregor

Anyone else having a bet on this? Free money, surely. The odds are ridiculously generous.

I'm sure the respective camps are having a bet because they already know the result (allegedly)

End-of-the-pier type entertainment, only missing the tattooed lady, and clowns throwing buckets of water at each other

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Anyone else having a bet on this? Free money, surely. The odds are ridiculously generous.
    Bet on all the long shot outcomes.

Floyd is all about the money. I wouldn't be surprised if a close outcome has already been agreed on to rack up the interest in a rematch.

Some facts..

If Antony Joshua had fought anyone in the top ten in his first ever professional fight following Olympic Gold, he would have been smoked in the first 3 rounds.

To think Connor McGregor in his first ever professional boxing bout, taking on a pound for pound, one of the best of all time has any chance is laughable.

Its like a Scalextric champion having 3 months learning to drive a formula one car then entering a grand prix, he'd be tailed off.

This is one of the biggest mismatches of all time.

The thing is boxing is one of the most corrupt sports in the world.

If Floyd is being truthful saying this is his last ever fight, he's going to humiliate McGregor and knock him out inside 3 rounds. However he's the money man and if he knows he can earn another 2-300 million in a rematch, owt could happen Saturday night. Lets face it, he's retired twice before and come back.

My tips for the fight...

McGregor to be docked a point @ 3/1

Early stoppage for Floyd @ 25-33/1 depending on what round you pick.

But don't be surprised if it goes all the way with both fighters going down and a biilion dollar rematch happening.

There's millions of suckers who will fall for it...

Alvarez and many other greats couldn't land a glove on Mayweather, what chance an absolute novice doing so.

Bet boldly and win handsomely may be the best option but don't be shocked if Floyd wins in a canter...

Paddy Power has already paid out on Mayweather!!
    I agree with Riley, the only way it isn't a farce is if some sort of fix has already been agreed to ensure a rematch. Maybe the winner can fight Big Daddy next?

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post

Floyd is all about the money. I wouldn't be surprised if a close outcome has already been agreed on to rack up the interest in a rematch.

This is one of the biggest mismatches of all time.

The thing is boxing is one of the most corrupt sports in the world.
    Yes... Yes.. and Yes

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Paddy Power has already paid out on Mayweather!!
    I agree with Riley, the only way it isn't a farce is if some sort of fix has already been agreed to ensure a rematch. Maybe the winner can fight Big Daddy next?

Have a job on as poor old Shirley's been dead years

McGregor to knock him down first round but Mayweather to win on points..... total fix

Mayweather can win when he chooses. The great unknown is when he will choose to win. I don't think he would tarnish his record by losing the fight to get a rematch. Not sure he would allow himself to be knocked down either. But he might string it out. For that reason, I'm only betting on the result for which 1/4 is still available I think. If I was betting on the round, I'd go for rounds 5/6....long enough to give people their moneys worth but not so long as to be embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Mayweather can win when he chooses. The great unknown is when he will choose to win. I don't think he would tarnish his record by losing the fight to get a rematch. Not sure he would allow himself to be knocked down either. But he might string it out. For that reason, I'm only betting on the result for which 1/4 is still available I think. If I was betting on the round, I'd go for rounds 5/6....long enough to give people their moneys worth but not so long as to be embarrassing.
    His record is severely tarnished already. Taking away the great Rocky Marciano's record by fighting a totally unproven fighter making his pro debut has put pay to that.

You could have had 2/5 on Betfair earlier in the week. I wouldn't be taking 1/4 mate, even though he will probably win.

You can get miles better odds just backing him to win in rounds 1-6 if that's what you reckon is going to happen.

Joke fight!!

If Mayweather had been ring active for last few years or so and was alot younger and in his prime he cannot lose but people are forgetting he hasn't boxed for quite a long time and he's 40 years old now so you just never know if he's gonna be the same fighter. If he's still got it then it will be a easy nights work imo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast