+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: J Rod is a centre forward and Rondon isn't so......

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Could not agree more Mick apart from one thing! Thought Nyom was a class act though along with Barry today as he did not lose hardly anything and it was his assist that created the goal!
    I fully agree about Nyom Al.

As someone else pointed out though,Livermore is starting to concern me.

If he's an England player then so am I.

Phillips was crap as well.

Hegazi was excellent up until he f k d up and its a mistake I don't expect him to make again anytime soon.

If we play Nyom, and I think we should, it should be at right back. He is much more comfortable in that position, is sound in defence and a threat going forward. I'm happy with Dawson in the centre of our defence whether it is with McCauley, Hagazi or, hopefully, Evans. As so many fans keep saying, we need to sign a proper left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    If we play Nyom, and I think we should, it should be at right back. He is much more comfortable in that position, is sound in defence and a threat going forward. I'm happy with Dawson in the centre of our defence whether it is with McCauley, Hagazi or, hopefully, Evans. As so many fans keep saying, we need to sign a proper left back.
    Nyom & Dawson performing best in their natural positions? don't let TP hear you saying that!!

Absolutely agree though, we should only sign a CB if we lose Evans & instead concentrate on a proper LB

Quite interesting that Stoke, supposedly by some playing Barcelona-esque football, only threatened and scored (and scored because of a dreadful mistake by us, by a player having a good game until that moment) when they brought on Crouch and resorted to route one football lifting high balls to the tall man.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Quite interesting that Stoke, supposedly by some playing Barcelona-esque football, only threatened and scored (and scored because of a dreadful mistake by us, by a player having a good game until that moment) when they brought on Crouch and resorted to route one football lifting high balls to the tall man.
    At least they changed their tactics unless you count bringing Yacob on and going more defensive. All game we were lumping it up to that plank of a centre forward. Shawcross must have thought it was his Birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    At least they changed their tactics unless you count bringing Yacob on and going more defensive. All game we were lumping it up to that plank of a centre forward. Shawcross must have thought it was his Birthday.
    Not exactly my point...

I think Yacob was subbed for Morrison (may be wrong there), who I think all agree had a bad game.

Then, yet again, name one manager in the world nowadays who doesn't often bring on a defensive player when leading with one goal.

Not exactly my point...

I think Yacob was subbed for Morrison (may be wrong there), who I think all agree had a bad game.

Then, yet again, name one manager in the world nowadays who doesn't often bring on a defensive player when leading with one goal.
    At 0-0 he changed nothing. At half time our only effort at goal was a 40 yard Rondon shot. He changed nothing. He actually thought what we were doing was working.
    Surrender football at home to Stoke. Sick to the back teeth of it. These players are better than he lets them be.
    What was he doing starting Morrison? Yacob is actually better at what he does than Livermore is at what he does.
    Actually there's a question. What does Livermore do well? In my view he contributes nothing. Maybe i'm being unfair but What is his purpose ?

At 0-0 he changed nothing. At half time our only effort at goal was a 40 yard Rondon shot. He changed nothing. He actually thought what we were doing was working.
    Surrender football at home to Stoke. Sick to the back teeth of it. These players are better than he lets them be.
    What was he doing starting Morrison? Yacob is actually better at what he does than Livermore is at what he does.
    Actually there's a question. What does Livermore do well? In my view he contributes nothing. Maybe i'm being unfair but What is his purpose ?
    I can't believe he don't play chadli far better chance to score a goal than the other's mentioned , not been good recently but get his confidence back & play him where he wants 2 play , sure that guy will do the business.

Not pretty to watch the game this Saturday, which of course both teams are responsible of, they were both pretty dire to be honest. Bournemouth home was another cup of tea imo, much better from us there.

But, had not Hegazi made his mistake (otherwise he was good), we would have won, again...
    Last edited by SwedishBaggie; 28-08-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Not pretty to watch the game this Saturday, which of course both teams are responsible of, they were both pretty dire to be honest. Bournemouth home was another cup of tea imo, much better from us there.

But, had not Hegazi made his mistake (otherwise he was good), we would have won, again...
    True mate
    But Stoke were the away side. Surely we should take the game to them. I cannot see a side in the league we will not adopt this surrender football against.
    The cheeky f++ker even sited the fact that Gmac, Evans and Chadli hadn't played after the game. Chadli ???? Unbelievable.
    The first half was ok against Bournemouth but the second half was no better than yesterday. We just got away with it.
    Apologies for being so negative folks but his football drives me to it. It's so frustrating. I wished he'd just do one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)