+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Evening Times

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Hope he gets the riot act read to him

Written and final warning about his conduct

Hardly acting as a professional sportsman, but he has learned a life lesson.

He should be thankfull to the emergency services who risked their own lifes to pull him out

Embrassing, very embrassing for him.

Sort him out DM
    Shouldn't we wait & see before judging?

Perhaps there are other reasons (mental) that caused this?

If it is drunken stupidity, then boll0ck him

To be fair to GMS, **** happens. I'm less upset by this than I was about McGinn being spotted at Celtic Park at a time we were jockeying for 1st with Ronny Deila's Celtic. Or Zander and his ugly mug in front of a Celtic birthday cake (enough nightmares watching him play in a Dons top without seeing those two things in the same pic). Or Ryan Jack lying to McInnes about not wanting to join the Huns. Or Ricky Foster, in a general sense. Or David Goodw- well.....you get my point.

Hope he is ok and it doesn't affect his form, should maybe be convincing him to move up to Aberdeen. I've never been comfortable having players so far away from the city the club is actually based in, personally. Saying that, there is a Peterhead team bus parked round the corner from me in Airdrie. Fair trek for part-timers. Presumably a few of them getting picked up in the bus based in the Central Belt. Might ask them to drop em off at Pittodrie
    Last edited by AirdrieDon; 28-08-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Hopefully he-GMS learns his lesson from this.

Quote Originally Posted by AirdrieDon View Post
    I'm less upset by this than I was about McGinn being spotted at Celtic Park at a time we were jockeying for 1st with Ronny Deila's Celtic.
    Your nae allowed to say that that was an issue on here. People get offended because there were nothing wrong with his actions that night(i take it you mean the Rugby Park photo)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Your nae allowed to say that that was an issue on here. People get offended because there were nothing wrong with his actions that night(i take it you mean the Rugby Park photo)
    Well aye but it was just being used as a rhetorical device of how little this GMS thing hurts Aberdeen in the grand scheme of things, rather than saying it was some massive travesty. By what accounts we have so far heard, it sounds like an accident.

You don't accidentally tumble through a turnstile into Rugby Park with your former team mates. And it was picked up on by the club at the time if I recall correctly.

Of course, the weegia will be having a field day, but a Dons player or fan only needs to fart in the wrong direction for that to happen.

To all you phannies confessing to falling in a river, sea etc. while pi$hed I've only one thing to say:

"YOU CANNAE HOLD YOUR DRINK"

53 years on the planet and, while trollied, I've never fallen into anything wetter than ........

Seriously, best wishes to Gary Mackay-Steven. Get better soon min.

Hope it was nothing sinister ....

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    Very good "donunder". Methinks we are the only two on here who know what you are talking about!
    But I had an excuse - I'd just seen the Dons' greatest achievement ever... And I hope GMS was nae as blootered as I was then!
    OK chaps I'm beat! Passport? Please share ......

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    To all you phannies confessing to falling in a river, sea etc. while pi$hed I've only one thing to say:

"YOU CANNAE HOLD YOUR DRINK"

53 years on the planet and, while trollied, I've never fallen into anything wetter than ........
    I'm not excusing myself at all here as it was utter drunken fuddery on my part which cannot be doubted. But where it happened is the only place along the whole path that it was physically possible for me to do it. The only place the path is less than a couple of meters from the water(the distance of around half a meter being a drop down a river bank). I remember going back to see where I fell a couple of days later and there was just a flattened section of reeds and nettles all the way down. Two things in my favour that night. 1- it was May and reasonably warm 2-i sobered up immediately on submergence and 3-I'm a pretty strong guy and I managed to pull myself out(cutting my hands to f@ck in the process.) I was a drunken walloper in my younger days. I still think I could make that same walk in the same state a hundred times again and it wouldn't happen.

Ach I can laugh now but f@ck me it could have been worse. it was the day of the Chelsea v Manure FA cup final in 2006 maybe 07. Day oot in toon at the Highland Hotel. Back to Ellon at night, should have got off the bus and went home, I didn't and I got damp

Pure guess, but the fact the club statement says they will not be commenting any further on the matter suggests there may be a sadder side to this. If it had been a drink fuelled incident they might have ended the statement by saying the matter would be dealt with internally, blah blah...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast