+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do we need/will we get new players ?

Do we need/will we get new players ?

Only a few days until the transfer window "slams shut"
    Having seen Notts 3 times I think we need another centre half and a pacey goal scorer if we are to sustain a top 7 finish
    Do we have the budget and will to add anymore ?

Totally agree.
    Christmas is a long way off and we are conceding too many and don't have a strike force that is overly potent. We clearly need to strengthen to give us the best chance of staying competitive til Christmas.

Players in - I'd guess at loans, possibly more inexperienced youngsters (But not necessarily bad)

What we need - I'd say a permanent young quality forward, but it's unrealistic and would cost. Also competition for places is slim so another CB and winger would help.

It's a long season and whilst we're improved there's a slight resemblance with our start under Derry where we were top 3 but unconvincing and went on to be relegated. If Ameobi/Grant get injured then we would suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    Only a few days until the transfer window "slams shut"
    Having seen Notts 3 times I think we need another centre half and a pacey goal scorer if we are to sustain a top 7 finish
    Do we have the budget and will to add anymore ?
    Certainly need the players but how much will AH shell out?

We are a top-half team.....light up front with a slightly dodgy defence.

My guess is we loiter around the play-offs until January, then AH has a big decision to make