+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red card - yes or no?

Red card - yes or no?

I've looked at it a few times now and I'm still not sure.
    What I do know is I would feel aggrieved if it happened to one of ours.
    Anyone think different?
    I doubt if you were there, you'd have any better view than what you get on the highlights.

What I do know is that I was following the game from Dublin Airport and as soon as I read "red card" followed by "foul on George Cooper", I jokingly turned to my son and said "I bet he rolled around and got the guy sent off! Hope so!"
    When I saw it for myself, I wasn't joking then. When a player goes down and starts patting the ground as though he's in excruciating pain, I've seen so many like that in recent years that you know they're not.
    It's a shame that one of our best players has to resort to something similar.
    If you're hurt, you're hurt, I've no problem with that but don't give me all those antics.
    I don't blame George per se. I blame all the prima donnas at the top that "lead by example"!!!

I don't like the rolling around but I don't think we do enough of it compared to other teams. Look at the last 2 home games where Lowery was flattened and he just got up, if he had stayed down and rolled around the opposition would have got a well deserved red.

Tonge did connect, one legged but watch the other leg try and hook around Coopers other leg

Was at the game but had to use TV to make my comment as my live view was poor, Yes the player caught Cooper but I have seen a lot worse with no action taken . The ref was was very close so it was his call but forget Coopers antics , young Tom Lowery indicated straight away that it was a red , he is from the academy and that is good enough for me as they do not tackle at that level

The vale cock womble was in mid air when he lunged at George, you do know that intent is also a red card offence, what George's reaction was post challenge is irrelevant, the Vale clogger was in mid air and had lost control of his challenge, straight red card bye bye.

Do you realise that some sad sack on OVF has used this thread as an example of 'their fans' saying it was not a red card. What a sad donkey jacket wearing teapot making six fingered clayhead freak.

Never ever a red card. Don't get me wrong, it's funny because it's against the Vale, but we'd be thoroughly pissed off if one of our players was sent off for that.

This shows quite clearly that the vale clogger is off the ground, over the ball and has no control. If he hits George full on then that is a potential leg breaker. Big Dave is spot on about some fans being uneducated if they cannot see that the ref had no choice but to show a red.

https://www.one*************.co.uk/i...a.16686/page-4

It looks like the link will not work, but check page 4 of the Vale v Alex thread on the league 2 forum, the silence from the vale fans after the image was posted is pretty damming
    Last edited by England_First; 28-08-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeDS View Post
    Never ever a red card. Don't get me wrong, it's funny because it's against the Vale, but we'd be thoroughly pissed off if one of our players was sent off for that.
    +1, the excessive force element wasn't present. Tonge has zero momentum; he's off balance from a standing start.

Still, if you're off the ground with your studs in the air in the modern game, it's hard to have any sympathy. Will be interested to see if Vale appeal. The ref seemed in no doubt, he was straight to his pocket before Cooper's histrionics had started.

Quote Originally Posted by England_First View Post
    It looks like the link will not work.........

With a little modification, try this one;

https://www.one*************.co.uk/i...a.16686/page-4

That's the best angle yet and I guess more like the one the ref saw.
    On that basis, it *was* a deserved straight red after all.
    And yes, contact is never the issue, intent is more important - just as is a badly timed challenge - as in this case! (I'll give Tonge the benefit of the doubt on intent).

Ok, it doesnt seem to like the link.
    I wonder if it will allow me to paste the bit that is replaced by ****** ......??

*************.co.uk

Jeez!!!
    No it won't!!

How about if i break it down and leave you to join it up ....

https://www.one
    football
    forum
    .co.uk/index.php?threads/port-fail-vs-cwho-alexandra.16686/page-4

Ha!
    They couldn't beat me this time!!!

Although what is so controversial about .....
    one
    football
    forum
    anyway ..........other than the fact that it is a rival forum?
    Last edited by somersetcrewe; 28-08-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I don't like the rolling around but I don't think we do enough of it compared to other teams ....

Seriously?
    Why should we stoop to such lows?
    It's not the way I like to see the game played which is why I think George was OTT!!
    The ones who started all these antics have a lot to answer for.

Quite right Somerset, I can recall the (rightful) abuse that we gave Shola Ameobi when he spent most of the second half last season's match falling over and clutching some part of his anatomy. The ref fell for it for a while, then just told him to get on with it, much to Kevin Nolan's bemusement.

The FA have set up a panel to retrospectively ban players found guilty of diving, pardon me simulation, and fooling the ref into giving the decision his way. Still waiting for the first conviction, of course, but I certainly don't want it being an Alex player - nor do I think it will be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast