+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red card - yes or no?

Not a red card in my view. But that's no big deal compared with the fact that we now seem to have a defence that sometimes keeps clean sheets and a manager who can organise and motivate, and also spot how to make the team gel. It's early days and I hate to tempt fate but the board may have played a blinder in appointing DA.

Its just my simple opinion that the refs should be careful about sending off players if only because it ruins the game for the fans who have paid good money to see a competitive game and when one is sent off that is it. Game ruined! Maybe the ref could wait a bit longer to see how the player reacts but then they could writhe for 10 mins if needed and so its a difficult balance. Maybe 15 mins off the field would be a better penalty or some sin bin thing like they have in other sports?? If Cooper acted to get the player sent off maybe the ref ought to give a yellow card but then again two yellows get you sent off and so who cares only the fans who have looked forward all week and then see that sort of behaviour from so called Professionals? Football is supposed to be a contact sport and its like ballet dancing now or else?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12