+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fourth Largest Budget Thread.

He also said we had the budget as Huddersfield last season. What a load of tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    He also said we had the budget as Huddersfield last season. What a load of tosh.
    If that was true,why are we still employing the people who failed and spent the cash so wastefully,whereas HTFC used their budget wisely?We got relegated, breaking all records for the wrong reason and they are now in the Premier league.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    If that was true,why are we still employing the people who failed and spent the cash so wastefully,whereas HTFC used their budget wisely?We got relegated, breaking all records for the wrong reason and they are now in the Premier league.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huddersfield didn't just become super over night mate they were bottom of championship for a few years it took many relegation battles, spending money on right players, talented youths come through and 2 amazing loans. It's not impossible for Rotherham to do it to in fact we already have some amazing youths coming through and vaulks Taylor purrington and Williams seems to be a good start but we are not even half way there to a team like Huddersfield had. You need a full squad of talent at min we only half talent that are half cooked and even if you train them right they don't even make a full squad never mind a full team like Huddersfield had.

You see now Huddersfield didn't just spend it right one season and boom they got promoted they have been spending right for about 4-5 years

It will take us 4 more years to get to that level and even then we aren't garenteed to go up

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Huddersfield didn't just become super over night mate they were bottom of championship for a few years it took many relegation battles, spending money on right players, talented youths come through and 2 amazing loans. It's not impossible for Rotherham to do it to in fact we already have some amazing youths coming through and vaulks Taylor purrington and Williams seems to be a good start but we are not even half way there to a team like Huddersfield had. You need a full squad of talent at min we only half talent that are half cooked and even if you train them right they don't even make a full squad never mind a full team like Huddersfield had.

You see now Huddersfield didn't just spend it right one season and boom they got promoted they have been spending right for about 4-5 years

It will take us 4 more years to get to that level and even then we aren't garenteed to go up
    They did one thing that stands out for me, they headhunted David Wagner, by having him as manager the rest followed on.

Can't see us being as farsighted as that. We stick with cheap and enthusiastic not expensive and knowledgeable

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    They did one thing that stands out for me, they headhunted David Wagner, by having him as manager the rest followed on.

Can't see us being as farsighted as that. We stick with cheap and enthusiastic not expensive and knowledgeable

Spot on that grist...they wouldnt have gone up without him..he was technically brilliant..and youre right, we wouldnt have the vision to bring anybody in like that because weve got no one with a football brain in authority...

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    there you go millertop. always happy to help

Stewart, who financed the club’s two-year rise from League Two to the second tier, says money would be in place for an immediate promotion push. “I’d be confident because the budget has never been low in League One,” the owner, who refuses to give up on an unlikely survival mission this term, told The Star. “We were in there for one season and we’d got one of the top four budgets. We would have a quality of team capable of doing well in League One. I’d be disappointed if that wasn’t the case. The budget next season in League One would be one of the top four again.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...wart-1-8378385
    Thanks for that.

So what Stewart was saying was that the club had a top four budget when they were in League 1 in 2013/14 and that he was going to seek to replicate that (presumably by setting a similar budget adjusted for inflation) in 2017/18.

So if we are looking at 2013/14 as the yard stick, how many 'big ticket' signings were there of the type now expected from many posters (apologises to Millertop for not looking it up myself) to justify the claim of a competitive budget this season?

Stewart has a great strength in that he is running the club in a very business like manner - keeping the unsustainable debt and bucket collections of the past at bay. He also has a great weakness in that he is running the club in a very business like manner, which attracts the ire of those with short memories.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 29-08-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Thanks for that.

So what Stewart was saying was that the club had a top four budget when they were in League 1 in 2013/14 and that he was going to seek to replicate that (presumably by setting a similar budget adjusted for inflation) in 2017/18.

So if we are looking at 2013/14 as the yard stick, how many 'big ticket' signings were there of the type now expected from many posters (apologises to Millertop for not looking it up myself) to justify the claim of a competitive budget this season?

Stewart has a great strength in that he is running the club in a very business like manner - keeping the unsustainable debt and bucket collections of the past at bay. He also has a great weakness in that he is running the club in a very business like manner, which attracts the ire of those with short memories.
    There's running a business to suit oneself and there's running a business that suits consumer needs which he is failing in.

No one wishes to see the bygone days of the buckets returning but there is also a responsibility to provide value for money which he is currently lacking in. Yes we will hear the same old same old rhetoric of ' I told Warne the money was there to buy players'....thing is does it really exist?

I can answer that one keravon
    No big signings pre season with the likes of milson tidser brindley scarz being brought in. Though we did spend some big bucks loaning players like Smallwood and tubbs plus several others

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    There's running a business to suit oneself and there's running a business that suits consumer needs which he is failing in.

No one wishes to see the bygone days of the buckets returning but there is also a responsibility to provide value for money which he is currently lacking in. Yes we will hear the same old same old rhetoric of ' I told Warne the money was there to buy players'....thing is does it really exist?
    I agree Brin, the club has to pay its way and avoid overspending.

But no one forces TS to make these statements about budgets. He could say it as it is ie "we need to balance the books and have a budget that's in keeping" not statements that are never fulfilled and smack of pure bluster.

Rotherham fans aren't stupid (well most of them aren't) just tell it the way it is, let us know who is involved in decision making, how transfers are chosen and why we don't get to spend this large budget.

Amazing that we have gone from allegedly being interested in 1 million pound signings,to buying players for 75 grand.Already have the usual suspects saying "wait until the end of the August transfer window".
    I guarentee they will be saying the same thing in January.Same as last year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast