+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apologies from Derby

While I applaud the prompt action of DCFC in tracking down the troll, I'm going to go against the grain a bit and say that a lifetime ban is excessive. Having seen the tweets, he overstepped the mark and his post was a disgrace, but a public apology and a 1 or 2 year ban would be more appropriate in my view. Trolls need to understand the real world consequences of their posts, its needs to be a process of education, not exclusion.

It will be a waste of time because one of his mates will probably get him a ticket
    Only way is to set an example and get him to attend a police station one hour before a DCFC game and release him one hour after end of game and no phone for him while inside
    If this message was sent out I think that would be the end of these vile remarks
    UTB

Quote Originally Posted by woodysrightfoot View Post
    It will be a waste of time because one of his mates will probably get him a ticket
    Only way is to set an example and get him to attend a police station one hour before a DCFC game and release him one hour after end of game and no phone for him while inside
    If this message was sent out I think that would be the end of these vile remarks
    UTB
    Take your point but tbf that's actually a matter for the police not the club.
    I think the club were disgusted by this imbecile's actions and have done as much as they could as quickly as they could.
    Local reaction in Derby was very outspoken and I doubt he's many 'mates' left to take the risk of getting him a ticket.
    Think we did what we could and thanks to those whose comments showed their appreciation. Genuinely wish it had never happened.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123