+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wemberlee-still has that aura about the place. Agree or not ?

Wemberlee-still has that aura about the place. Agree or not ?

Walking down Wembley Way at 3 pm I genuinely felt excited about what was to follow. I looked up at the archway going up to the sky and thought to myself it was a real pleasure to be here on a day like today- anyone else feel the same way? Having been to the old and new stadiums it may not have the twin towers and the flags flying proudly into the breeze, but in my humble opinion , it is still a great place to go and watch a game. The Bobby Moore statue ,the pitch looked immaculate( and if you couldn' t play there, you can't play anywhere) the stands reached for the sky, the sun was beating down, and I was more than glad to be there. All I wanted then was for the Clarets to get a draw at least and we did wait a long time before it eventually came. So all the Clarets who were in attendance went home happy and that included me. The place has seen so many great performances over the years, some includes those by our beloved team both recently and not that long ago. One thing is for certain . Spurs fans can no longer blame their temporary home for their team dropping two valuable points. However they can blame a dogged Burnley performance and an ice cool finish. Spurs fans thought it was all over- they were wrong !!!

Sounds like you had a great day out and one you will remember fondly, capped by that great equaliser in injury time.

Wonderful opportunity for the team to get a feel for a stadium which hopefully they will return to soon.

Once upon a time I may have been protective about England's national stadium but I suppose there is very little tradition left in our small part of the world today.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    Sounds like you had a great day out and one you will remember fondly, capped by that great equaliser in injury time.

Wonderful opportunity for the team to get a feel for a stadium which hopefully they will return to soon.

Once upon a time I may have been protective about England's national stadium but I suppose there is very little tradition left in our small part of the world today.
    I was in the upper tier at the front with all the spurs fans around me. My son had "bought". 2 tickets from his mate at work who has 2 season tickets in the family but wasn't fussed on going to see little old Burnley. I believe he got the season tickets to enable themselves to obtain season tickets for their new stadium at WHL. Recently I had a guided tour around the Principality Stadium here in the Welsh Capital but although it cannot be beaten for atmosphere ( especially when the roof is shut) it lacks the " history" that Wembley has become accustomed to since the very start. That what makes the place so special!!

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I was in the upper tier at the front with all the spurs fans around me. My son had "bought". 2 tickets from his mate at work who has 2 season tickets in the family but wasn't fussed on going to see little old Burnley. I believe he got the season tickets to enable themselves to obtain season tickets for their new stadium at WHL. Recently I had a guided tour around the Principality Stadium here in the Welsh Capital but although it cannot be beaten for atmosphere ( especially when the roof is shut) it lacks the " history" that Wembley has become accustomed to since the very start. That what makes the place so special!!
    It's in an industrial estate in north west London.

You can't get in you can't get out.

It's overpriced and I hate it.

Totally epitomizes the North/South divide in my opinion.

On Saturday Wigan and Hull supporters have to travel 250 miles without trains just to suit the money grabbing barstewards who run the FA, Wembley Stadium and the Rugby League hierarchy.

Yesterday Burnley and Tottenham fans have to endure a late Sunday afternoon encounter just to appease greedy, corrupt southern softies.

It's all just total bollox to me.

The National Stadium should be central to the good folk of the UK and it should be somewhere in the Midlands.

No way on earth was I going to give them one single brass farthing of my hard earned money.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)