+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: O/T North Korea v Japan (and USA)

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Correction: He's firing them over his neighbors, not at them.

Am I willing to take the risk that he's bluffing?

'Take the risk' as opposed to doing what... attacking North Korea? Yes.

Would my views change if he fired them over Canada? No - there'd still be no viable alternative.

If you can suggest a course of action that can disarm NK without risking tens of millions of lives, then I'd be excited to hear it. Until then, doing nothing is still best.
    So basically you're a Pacifist that believes that no action should be taken until your country is attacked....by which time thousands, possibly millions of your own countrymen are dead?

I'm not sure that has ever worked in history.....I guess we will have to wait and see

Nothing of real note will happen before this is all resolved anyway, self important men swinging their d!cks about but none of them will commit to anything of real significance as it would be the beginning of the end for all countries involved.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    So basically you're a Pacifist that believes that no action should be taken until your country is attacked....by which time thousands, possibly millions of your own countrymen are dead?

I'm not sure that has ever worked in history.....I guess we will have to wait and see
    What action are you talking about that can be taken? Your option #1: risk tens of millions of people for a chance at taking out KJU?

In that case Donald Trump is a pacifist in your books as well then since he hasn't done it?

Or perhas you'd simply be satisfied if I talked really tough but actually advocated doing nothing. Sure, I can play along with that if you like:

Mark my words, there will be fire and fury the likes the world has ever seen if KJU ever attacks anyone!!! He's gone too far. We will not tolerate this. Damn it we will defend ourselves!!!

There, do you like that better?
    Last edited by andy6025; 15-09-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Nothing of real note will happen before this is all resolved anyway, self important men swinging their d!cks about but none of them will commit to anything of real significance as it would be the beginning of the end for all involved.
    Thought you were talking about some on this forum!! 😂😂

Oldpie, as I mentioned before, I tend to agree with Steve Bannon in this instance when he said:

"Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don't die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don't know what you're talking about, there's no military solution here, they got us"

Nor do I think it at all plausible, as I also mentioned before, that NK would spontaneously nuke Japan, South Korea, or anywhere else - I just don't see any scenario where they'd want to spontaneously commit suice by doing so.

Tarkers, your courses of action:

1) drone strike, assassination attempt and "make sure" you get him and not a double:

There is a huge risk that any attempts along these lines would result in the scenario Steve Bannon describes above. You might advocate such type of action, but I'd think it would be insane. Also, can you elaborate on how you'd "make sure" you got him and not a double?

2). Internal coup.

This amounts to letting the NKs sorting out the "problem" themselves and by and large doing nothing until they accomplish it. As I said, 'doing nothing' is the best course of action, and if you want to rephrase it as 'wait for an internal coup' then I'm ok with that.

3) crippling sanctions.

I doubt there is enough will among the international community (China and Russia, for starters) to undertake this action. As Putin said, and I agree with him, 'NK would rather eat grass than give up their nuclear program.' On the flip side, it's been a viable theory that increased trade and dependecy among states is a better deterrent of war. However, I readily accept that there probably isn't a lot of will within the international community (the US for starters) to normalize trade relations with NK.

4) Shoot down NK test missiles.

Sure, you can try, and as you said, it may not even be possible. I doubt the US wants to tip their hand and reveal an imperfect system if that's the case, but if trying convinces the hawks that 'something is being done' ti their satisfaction then I have no major objection. I doubt it would have any de-escaltion effect, nor does it stop them from developing their weapons and delivery programs, but yeah... go for it if you really want to.

So once again, other than a few relatively meaningless gestures, I see no viable option but to simply ignore them. Maybe they'll pack it all in for 8 million dollars though - just make sure you follow their instructions for the drop off point and 'unmarked bills' accurately... or else!!!

1961 might come up with a good plan though?
    I haven't got a plan, you are the one making the statements but obviously you can't or won't answer the question.
    But don't bother replying I can't be bothered to read 10 paragraphs of your usual waffle.
    Last edited by i961pie; 16-09-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I haven't got a plan, you are the one making the statements but obviously you can't or won't answer the question.
    But don't bother replying I can't be bothered to read 10 paragraphs of your usual waffle.
    Ok, your question was: how long do you continue to do nothing, correct?

My answer:

Do it for just as long as Trump does.

You must be right p1ssed off that Trump hasn't done anything about it yet. You must think he's a right fanny!

Ok, your question was: how long do you continue to do nothing, correct?

My answer:

Do it for just as long as Trump does.

You must be right p1ssed off that Trump hasn't done anything about it yet. You must think he's a right fanny!
    You seem to have an unhealthy infatuation with Trump??? He isn't the one firing missiles over Japan.
    I'm not worried about Trump but I am very worried about the nut case in NK, it only needs one of his bombs to go wrong and land in Japan or Guam and then Trump will be forced to act which you seem to want as you keep calling him a *****.

Alright, you don't want to do nothing and you don't want to nuke NK... what do you want?

Oh right... "I haven't got a plan"

Next!

Alright, you don't want to do nothing and you don't want to nuke NK... what do you want?

Next!
    Next?......what do you think of Notts being 2nd in the table?

Next!
    I am not as clever as you obviously, you seem to know more about how to run the world than every one else or you think you do.
    The ego as landed

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast