+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T North Korea v Japan (and USA)

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Segueing slightly......petrochemicals got a shock yesterday when China announced that they aim to do away with petrol and diesel cars "within the near future"....incredible news.

China is the fastest growing World Economy, and if they switch totally to EVs and hybrids within say 15 years, petrol/oil is doomed.....at last

Now we need India to do the same, UK and France have already decided so the EU will almost certainly follow....the USA is getting backed into a corner.
    Yep, undoubtedly good news. Sooner or later the technology will make so much economic sense that it will be unavoidable.

Was it the Shah of Iran who said it made no sense to burn all the oil, seeing as there's a finite amount of it and it's useful for other stuff like plastic. Not that leaving it floating around and breaking down in the sea is doing us much good of course.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    But you wouldn't propose something that is ridiculous surely?
    I didn't propose it.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    I didn't propose it.
    True, somebody with years of experience in top level diplomacy and a PhD in physical chemistry did. You said it was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    True, somebody with years of experience in top level diplomacy and a PhD in physical chemistry did. You said it was ridiculous.
    I said it would be ridiculous for NK to blackmail the world by threatening to vaporize a city with nukes if their demands aren't met, using LA as an example. I said of course they could try and push threats like that but the world would be dumb to kowtow rather than just ignore them.

Are you saying that NK is going to nuke somewhere if Merkel doesn't offer them an Iranian style deal?

I said it would be ridiculous for NK to blackmail the world by threatening to vaporize a city with nukes if their demands aren't met, using LA as an example. I said of course they could try and push threats like that but the world would be dumb to kowtow rather than just ignore them.

Are you saying that NK is going to nuke somewhere if Merkel doesn't offer them an Iranian style deal?
    I've said three or four times now that NK doesn't have to nuke anyone to extract concessions, there's plenty they can do short of that.

What you described as ridiculous was, and I quote: that NK will use their nuclear arsenal to blackmail the world into giving them things.

It isn't ridiculous at all, is it?

So why give them anything if we both agree that NK isn't going to nuke anywhere? And now you're back on about them doing things short of nukes... sure, but they could do whatever you're imagining like that before they had nukes.

If Merkel wants to be first in line to give gifts to the NKs then she can be my guest.

I've maintained all along that by far the most simple thing to do is ignore NK. Let them have their nukes if they want them that badly. Unless anyone thinks they're really going to use them then there's nothing to worry about that you didn't worry about before they had them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Just nuke em..job done.
    It'a because of people like you that this world is in a mess. "Just nuke em" never solves anything you brainless twonk.

So why give them anything if we both agree that NK isn't going to nuke anywhere? And now you're back on about them doing things short of nukes... sure, but they could do whatever you're imagining like that before they had nukes.

If Merkel wants to be first in line to give gifts to the NKs then she can be my guest.

I've maintained all along that by far the most simple thing to do is ignore NK. Let them have their nukes if they want them that badly. Unless anyone thinks they're really going to use them then there's nothing to worry about that you didn't worry about before they had them.
    Again a correction : we didn't agree that they won't use their nukes, we agreed it would be suicide to use them, that's not the same.

Bombing Pearl Harbour was suicide for Japan, but they did it, didn't they?

For what it's worth I don't think they will use their nukes, but that's not how one assesses risk is it? The stakes are too high if the assessment is mistaken.

Have you wondered why none of the world leaders, all from different political persuasions and backgrounds - Trump, Merkel, May, Macron, Putin, Xi Jinping, Abe - with all the experience and access to intelligence that they have, are advocating doing nothing, and considered that maybe it's your plan that is ridiculous?

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    It'a because of people like you that this world is in a mess. "Just nuke em" never solves anything you brainless twonk.
    The only time they've been used it saved over 500,000 lives and made sure Japan didn't change their minds about surrender so actually it did solve something

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post

It's my opinion and my theory. And your solution is ?

Over to you twink, oh sorry, twonk.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast