shopify analytics
+ Visit Aberdeen FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 220

Thread: All things Hertz Away

  1. #121
    My random thoughts.

    - we got lucky - dreadful 2nd half
    - Lewis saved us big time
    - looks like we were robbed of a pen, red card after 2 minutes?
    - Christie is wasted wife right
    - May & Rooney were pulling tractors
    - DM was too slow in changing it 2nd half when we were clearly struggling
    - not sure 2 up front worked today, overran in midfield?
    - good point on the basis of the performance
    - just as well we've had a kind run of fixtures as I don't think we've been good at all so far.
    - Ball looked neat & tidy aside from gettting caught in possession & nearly costing a goal.
    - we need to improve big time with the run of fixtures between now & end October.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He's everything that's wrong with life.
    Just came off the phone after saying exactly that. He is like a throw back to the bad old days of Scottish football. I would really hate to be a Hearts supporter, no more so than today. Any time the opposition gets the ball in a promising area, hack them down. Everyone knows this will happen - ref only one that is blind to these tactics. SFA need to grow a pair of balls and stamp this out. Totally disrupted the flow of the game.

    How this guy became Scotland manager tells you everything you need to know about the idiots running Scottish football.
    I just hope he fails and other Chairman do not employ idiots like him or it will be "back to the future". If they do, Scottish Football is ****ed.

    I would have far rather drawn at Partick and won today. At least Partick play football and have a manager you can respect. ****ing hate hearts and ****ing hate that old harry potter.

    **** me, now I am even hating Lennon less than him. I now need to lie down in a dark room.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My random thoughts.

    - we got lucky - dreadful 2nd half
    - Lewis saved us big time
    - looks like we were robbed of a pen, red card after 2 minutes?
    - Christie is wasted wife right
    - May & Rooney were pulling tractors
    - DM was too slow in changing it 2nd half when we were clearly struggling
    - not sure 2 up front worked today, overran in midfield?
    - good point on the basis of the performance
    - just as well we've had a kind run of fixtures as I don't think we've been good at all so far.
    - Ball looked neat & tidy aside from gettting caught in possession & nearly costing a goal.
    - we need to improve big time with the run of fixtures between now & end October.
    Pretty much.

    Reason Christie is wide right is Stewart is so left footed. Out of Hayes and McGinn we defo miss McGinn more.

    We have been good in patches. Not for full 90 minutes. At least we did not concede.

  4. #124
    I don't see many others thinking as I am that we've played very poorly every game so far this season and are only getting results from individuals saving us.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    I don't see many others thinking as I am that we've played very poorly every game so far this season and are only getting results from individuals saving us.
    Largely agree with you.
    Ross County away aside, we've not played well.
    Hamilton home - I cut them slack as it was just after Cyprus
    Ross County away - played pretty well
    Dundee home. Very lucky.
    Partick away. Defended like amateurs
    Today - Lewis saved us. Albeit the ref sh@t himself in not giving a pen & a red card?
    Hamilton away in cup. Turgid but won.

    Definitely need to up the standard hugely.

    We look disjointed generally.

    I don't think DM has a clue as to his best X1 to be honest.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    I don't see many others thinking as I am that we've played very poorly every game so far this season and are only getting results from individuals saving us.
    very insightful from a non football supporter - especially after it has been the theme on here after every game...

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    20,537
    Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    I don't see many others thinking as I am that we've played very poorly every game so far this season and are only getting results from individuals saving us.
    I agreeto an extent, Didnt deserve to win v Dundee, shipped three to a poor partick, drew with a poor farts. Hamilton i was offshore and dont know much about and Ross County we were the better team. Good start without playing well is the sign of a good team though. We will vet better. New squad

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Pretty much.

    Reason Christie is wide right is Stewart is so left footed. Out of Hayes and McGinn we defo miss McGinn more.

    We have been good in patches. Not for full 90 minutes. At least we did not concede.
    Christie is also very left footed too.
    He needs to play as a "10".
    He drifts in all the time when played wide.
    Trouble with Stewart is he's similar and also he's as slow as a week in the jail.
    We do miss NM & JH of that there's little doubt.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

    I don't think DM has a clue as to his best X1 to be honest.
    To be fair, he is testing things every game... like we say after every game - he should do this and that. He is trying things out in games against different opposition plus trying to gel the team plus trying to understand who is best to start etc. Our defence has been ropey and we cannot rely on our attacking options to win every game. Signing a central defender was a good move (however obvious). I think he made a mistake not signing a left back.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Largely agree with you.
    Ross County away aside, we've not played well.
    Hamilton home - I cut them slack as it was just after Cyprus
    Ross County away - played pretty well
    Dundee home. Very lucky.
    Partick away. Defended like amateurs
    Today - Lewis saved us. Albeit the ref sh@t himself in not giving a pen & a red card?
    Hamilton away in cup. Turgid but won.

    Definitely need to up the standard hugely.

    We look disjointed generally.

    I don't think DM has a clue as to his best X1 to be honest.
    County away aside perhaps.

    We've not played well, had some strange tinkering and subs not happening, now one big shoehorn to fit the old guard in the side.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Christie is also very left footed too.
    He needs to play as a "10".
    He drifts in all the time when played wide.
    Trouble with Stewart is he's similar and also he's as slow as a week in the jail.
    We do miss NM & JH of that there's little doubt.
    Christie needs to be played as a central attacking midfielder, absolutely. We are weaker on the right hand side of attack this season and I am not sure what the solution is. He has tried Christie but that is not the solution. It was worth a shot. Think DM wanted to try two strikers and May could not go out right and neither could Rooney.

    The biggest question for me is will the attack gel at some point. If we keep changing things then that wont happen. DM needs to be ruthless. If Rooney only appears as a sub this season then so be it.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    County away aside perhaps.

    We've not played well, had some strange tinkering and subs not happening, now one big shoehorn to fit the old guard in the side.
    what the hell do you mean "subs not happening"? who is the shoehorn?

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    what the hell do you mean "subs not happening"? who is the shoehorn?
    Subs coming on too late. Arnason coming on too late when we were blatantly about to concede vs Limassol. Stockley staying on for the 2nd half of Limassol away. Tactics and positions not being changed when they clearly need changing, which stares you in the face if you actually have a clue what's happening on the pitch. Considine, Reynolds and Rooney are out of place in the type of team we're going for. I can't believe we never took any money offered for McLean.

  14. #134
    I would like to think that last season is an indicator of this one. Last season there was a lot of tombola-ing about but eventually Derek started to play a more settled side and we were better. Hopefully he will identify our best team soon.
    Imho the wide men will be Stewart and Wright

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Subs coming on too late. Arnason coming on too late when we were blatantly about to concede vs Limassol. Stockley staying on for the 2nd half of Limassol away. Tactics and positions not being changed when they clearly need changing, which stares you in the face if you actually have a clue what's happening on the pitch. Considine, Reynolds and Rooney are out of place in the type of team we're going for. I can't believe we never took any money offered for McLean.
    It's like talking with a 5 year old whose Uncle took him to a game once but has no idea about football.

  16. #136

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I would like to think that last season is an indicator of this one. Last season there was a lot of tombola-ing about but eventually Derek started to play a more settled side and we were better. Hopefully he will identify our best team soon.
    Imho the wide men will be Stewart and Wright
    It was Motherwell away at Fir Park on a Friday night.
    Think we won 3-1?
    He played his strongest X1 and kept that same team for about 6-7 games.
    We won them all.

    Trouble is he's no clue what that strongest X1 is.
    To be honest I don't either.
    For example any time Stewart comes off the bench I think he looks good, then he starts & looks sh1te.
    GMS hasn't convinced.
    Wright will be up & down (he was poor today).
    IMO Christie needs to play "10" & May needs games at no 9 to get up to 100% fitness.
    The wide players? Not sure.
    Even in central defence & the two holding players in midfield, who do we pick?
    And can someone explain to me the mystery of Kari Arnason? He must be looking absolute sh1te in training if Reynolds can get a game in front of him.

    There are more questions than answers at the moment.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I would like to think that last season is an indicator of this one. Last season there was a lot of tombola-ing about but eventually Derek started to play a more settled side and we were better. Hopefully he will identify our best team soon.
    Imho the wide men will be Stewart and Wright
    I hope so too...

    re Stewart, we now miss a cross from wide areas on the right into the box or someone who will drive out right at pace. He will always go onto his left foot, so we become predictable.
    Last edited by Getintaethem; 09-09-2017 at 07:18 PM.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    It's like talking with a 5 year old whose Uncle took him to a game once but has no idea about football.
    Stop boring us all to tears you mong. Tell us how well we played in the games then, where we clung on against 10 man Hamilton, stole a win against Dundee and conceded 3 to Partick.

  19. #139
    Tactically, McInnes isn't great. He's not great at changing it during a match, not great at changing a game with subs & has on occasion, fannied about with a starting formation unnecessarily.

    We do quite well in this league because our squad is better than anyone's in it apart from the mhanks.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Tactically, McInnes isn't great. He's not great at changing it during a match, not great at changing a game with subs & has on occasion, fannied about with a starting formation unnecessarily.

    We do quite well in this league because our squad is better than anyone's in it apart from the mhanks.
    Aye, it's obvious. Hence how often he gets schooled by Tommy Wright and his team of peanuts, and in QR3.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •