+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Hertz Away

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He's everything that's wrong with life.
    Just came off the phone after saying exactly that. He is like a throw back to the bad old days of Scottish football. I would really hate to be a Hearts supporter, no more so than today. Any time the opposition gets the ball in a promising area, hack them down. Everyone knows this will happen - ref only one that is blind to these tactics. SFA need to grow a pair of balls and stamp this out. Totally disrupted the flow of the game.

How this guy became Scotland manager tells you everything you need to know about the idiots running Scottish football.
    I just hope he fails and other Chairman do not employ idiots like him or it will be "back to the future". If they do, Scottish Football is ****ed.

I would have far rather drawn at Partick and won today. At least Partick play football and have a manager you can respect. ****ing hate hearts and ****ing hate that old harry potter.

**** me, now I am even hating Lennon less than him. I now need to lie down in a dark room.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My random thoughts.

- we got lucky - dreadful 2nd half
    - Lewis saved us big time
    - looks like we were robbed of a pen, red card after 2 minutes?
    - Christie is wasted wife right
    - May & Rooney were pulling tractors
    - DM was too slow in changing it 2nd half when we were clearly struggling
    - not sure 2 up front worked today, overran in midfield?
    - good point on the basis of the performance
    - just as well we've had a kind run of fixtures as I don't think we've been good at all so far.
    - Ball looked neat & tidy aside from gettting caught in possession & nearly costing a goal.
    - we need to improve big time with the run of fixtures between now & end October.
    Pretty much.

Reason Christie is wide right is Stewart is so left footed. Out of Hayes and McGinn we defo miss McGinn more.

We have been good in patches. Not for full 90 minutes. At least we did not concede.

I don't see many others thinking as I am that we've played very poorly every game so far this season and are only getting results from individuals saving us.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    I don't see many others thinking as I am that we've played very poorly every game so far this season and are only getting results from individuals saving us.
    Largely agree with you.
    Ross County away aside, we've not played well.
    Hamilton home - I cut them slack as it was just after Cyprus
    Ross County away - played pretty well
    Dundee home. Very lucky.
    Partick away. Defended like amateurs
    Today - Lewis saved us. Albeit the ref sh@t himself in not giving a pen & a red card?
    Hamilton away in cup. Turgid but won.

Definitely need to up the standard hugely.

We look disjointed generally.

I don't think DM has a clue as to his best X1 to be honest.

very insightful from a non football supporter - especially after it has been the theme on here after every game...

I agreeto an extent, Didnt deserve to win v Dundee, shipped three to a poor partick, drew with a poor farts. Hamilton i was offshore and dont know much about and Ross County we were the better team. Good start without playing well is the sign of a good team though. We will vet better. New squad

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Pretty much.

Reason Christie is wide right is Stewart is so left footed. Out of Hayes and McGinn we defo miss McGinn more.

We have been good in patches. Not for full 90 minutes. At least we did not concede.
    Christie is also very left footed too.
    He needs to play as a "10".
    He drifts in all the time when played wide.
    Trouble with Stewart is he's similar and also he's as slow as a week in the jail.
    We do miss NM & JH of that there's little doubt.

To be fair, he is testing things every game... like we say after every game - he should do this and that. He is trying things out in games against different opposition plus trying to gel the team plus trying to understand who is best to start etc. Our defence has been ropey and we cannot rely on our attacking options to win every game. Signing a central defender was a good move (however obvious). I think he made a mistake not signing a left back.

Largely agree with you.
    Ross County away aside, we've not played well.
    Hamilton home - I cut them slack as it was just after Cyprus
    Ross County away - played pretty well
    Dundee home. Very lucky.
    Partick away. Defended like amateurs
    Today - Lewis saved us. Albeit the ref sh@t himself in not giving a pen & a red card?
    Hamilton away in cup. Turgid but won.

Definitely need to up the standard hugely.

We look disjointed generally.

County away aside perhaps.

We've not played well, had some strange tinkering and subs not happening, now one big shoehorn to fit the old guard in the side.

Christie is also very left footed too.
    He needs to play as a "10".
    He drifts in all the time when played wide.
    Trouble with Stewart is he's similar and also he's as slow as a week in the jail.
    We do miss NM & JH of that there's little doubt.
    Christie needs to be played as a central attacking midfielder, absolutely. We are weaker on the right hand side of attack this season and I am not sure what the solution is. He has tried Christie but that is not the solution. It was worth a shot. Think DM wanted to try two strikers and May could not go out right and neither could Rooney.

The biggest question for me is will the attack gel at some point. If we keep changing things then that wont happen. DM needs to be ruthless. If Rooney only appears as a sub this season then so be it.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast