+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: All things Hertz Away

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post
    The pitch certainly wasn't the same dimensions as Tynecastle, it looked bigger than Hampden
    The pitch was smaller than the standard of 105 x 68m (no top level pitch is Scotland is bigger than this).

I would suggest the pitch was Tynecastle size in order to ensure that there was no disadvantage to the 3 opponents who play there as opposed to Tynescastle.

Certainly it was not as long as 105m.

Area of grass surface does not have any bearing on pitch dimensions!

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    McInnes was not happy on thursday night when I asked him why Arnie is not starting - he accused me of suggesting there was something sinister going on. Clearly rattled by my line of questioning. Simple question which deserved a simple answer, other than "he ain't fit."

Just tell us, Derek
    Interesting,the more this goes on it looks like he was signed by someone other than McInnes and he is being stubborn in not playing him to prove a point.The fitness thing is shyte he played for Iceland last week plus if he was unfit McInnes would have him playing u20 games to get him up to speed but hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    The pitch was smaller than the standard of 105 x 68m (no top level pitch is Scotland is bigger than this).

I would suggest the pitch was Tynecastle size in order to ensure that there was no disadvantage to the 3 opponents who play there as opposed to Tynescastle.

Certainly it was not as long as 105m.

Area of grass surface does not have any bearing on pitch dimensions!
    I'd be astonished if that pitch is the same dimensions as Tynecastle, the first thing we noticed was the distance from the 18 yard box to the touchline.....looked to be the best part of 20 yards in distance.
    Could easily be an illusion as we were so far away from the pitch in the top tier but when at Tynecastle you're right on top of the pitch !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Interesting,the more this goes on it looks like he was signed by someone other than McInnes and he is being stubborn in not playing him to prove a point.The fitness thing is shyte he played for Iceland last week plus if he was unfit McInnes would have him playing u20 games to get him up to speed but hasn't.
    Maybe Arnason shagged Ash Taylors missus

Quote Originally Posted by GlezgaRed View Post
    I'd be astonished if that pitch is the same dimensions as Tynecastle, the first thing we noticed was the distance from the 18 yard box to the touchline.....looked to be the best part of 20 yards in distance.
    Could easily be an illusion as we were so far away from the pitch in the top tier but when at Tynecastle you're right on top of the pitch !!!
    From goalpost to edge of the box is 18 yards, this we can agree as it's a standard dimension.

From the photo below, the distance from edge of box to touchline is clearly much less than 18 yards.

If it was 12 yards, that would give a pitch width of 68 yards (12+18+8+18+12).

68 yards = 62.2m. Tynecastle is 64m wide.

Last edited by kkong; 10-09-2017 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Oops, mixed up metres and yards

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Maybe Arnason shagged Ash Taylors missus
    aye maybe.

Speaking of Ash Taylor I see he got player of the month for Northampton,they must be shyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    McInnes was not happy on thursday night when I asked him why Arnie is not starting - he accused me of suggesting there was something sinister going on. Clearly rattled by my line of questioning. Simple question which deserved a simple answer, other than "he ain't fit."

Just tell us, Derek
    Interesting. Clearly one stubborn *******.

What were his exact words?

Amazingly he even seemed to allude to your question after the game and said the defence had been unfairly criticised, right after a game that would have been 4-0 if not for the goalkeeper.

There are times he is obviously deluded.

I have only seen the highlights but it looked as though we were being overrun in midfield in the 2nd half. Reminded me a bit of the first h*ns game last season.

13 out of 15 is a decent start albeit our fixture list has been somewhat soft. Having too many attacking options is a nice problem to have but the potential issue is trying to shoehorn every player into the team. DM may have to operate a rotation policy, which isn't necessarily a bad idea given that his sides have tended to suffer from burnout (last season excepted).

H*ns seem to be hitting a bit of form now...the first game against them will be massive.

Just watched highlights. Looking for vast improvement in the Killie/Murderwell games to lend confidence for a tough October. Very fortunate to have Super Joe on our books.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    There are times he is obviously deluded.
    said without the slightest hint of irony.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast