+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Hertz Away

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Having everyone back for corner is something else I can't fathom out either.
    It's about having more of our players in the box than theirs. That's as far as the preparation goes. Doesn't matter who's marking who, who's on the posts or if there's any plan for an out ball. It's not something we need a state of the art training complex to work on.

It's absolute insanity & a gift to the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It's about having more of our players in the box than theirs. That's as far as the preparation goes. Doesn't matter who's marking who, who's on the posts or if there's any plan for an out ball. It's not something we need a state of the art training complex to work on.

It's absolute insanity & a gift to the opposition
    Hearts were doing the same yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Hearts were doing the same yesterday.
    They all get their badges at the same place

****ing shocking performance.....

Quote Originally Posted by leontrotsky View Post
    It wasn't great, but it was far from shocking. Should definitely had a penalty in the 2nd or 3rd minute when Rooney is pulled back in the box. Without getting pulled back, he would have easily put the chance away. If the gutless Thompson had managed to get that decision correct, game completely changes.
    We were poor in the second half and without a doubt, Joe Lewis kept us in the game, but to be fair, that is his job.

Equal top after 5 games, I think we would have all taken that. However, I think we all agree we have not played well yet and our 13 points could easily have been a few less.

In comparison to last year when our starting XI was pretty much nailed on every week, we are blending new players in and still searching for our best XI. I personally would play Tansey or Arnason to give us a bit more steel in midfield, but recognise that would mean dropping McLean which seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by leontrotsky View Post
    It certainly wasn't the best... Joe Lewis made sure we came away with a point. I never used to like Shinnie, Jack and McLean all in the one team together as McInnes likes them to sit deeper and used to counter...Shinnie, Ball and McLean playing all at the one time is very similar and holds us back also. Shinnie should be playing as he is a great player but McInnes should be making a sacrifice between Ball and McLean as we don't need another 2 deep lying midfielders.

Very disappointed with how the game went yesterday, strange set-up and as the game developed McInnes did his usual to help the team on the pitch.....feck all, no subs until they couldn't really contribute to the game overall !!!
    Don't know why we didn't go with our standard formation yesterday, was he trying to combat/match up to Hertz ?
    The pitch certainly wasn't the same dimensions as Tynecastle, it looked bigger than Hampden and no wonder a few players were getting cramp towards the end of the game.

What has happened to Rooney in 2017, he has been abysmal since the turn of the year.

Yesterday summed up why we are the summit of McInnes's career. He might get a better club than AFC sometime soonish but I doubt he will make a decent fist of it.

I'm all for squad rotation - but you stick with the same system, and just slide players in and out of that system. Yesterday was just a complete mish mash, can somebody explain to a football luddite like me what the system actually was? F.ucked if I know.

0-0 is never a bad result against Fartz; Tynie, Murrayfield, even with them in dissarray. But, we made them look good yesterday which they aren't, and they should have had us well beaten. And, quite alarmed at McInnes's post match comments that "if there was going to be a winner, it was going to be Hearts" or something along those lines - Some kind of justification for the players retreating to the half way line for the last 15 mins. Was that an admission that he f.ucked up?

Did Arnie warm up yesterday, in front of the away end? Never saw him....
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 10-09-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Just watched the highlights,Lewis bailed our defence out so many times.The one where Ball gave away possession and their number 77 was allowed to run at our goal while Considine jogged beside him was embarrassing.

Arnason must be raging being an international defender sitting on the bench watching that sort of calamity defending.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Just watched the highlights,Lewis bailed our defence out so many times.The one where Ball gave away possession and their number 77 was allowed to run at our goal while Considine jogged beside him was embarrassing.

Arnason must be raging being an international defender sitting on the bench watching that sort of calamity defending.
    McInnes was not happy on thursday night when I asked him why Arnie is not starting - he accused me of suggesting there was something sinister going on. Clearly rattled by my line of questioning. Simple question which deserved a simple answer, other than "he ain't fit."

Just tell us, Derek

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast