+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Deadline

Transfer Deadline

Even though we've had a good start the season i wouldn't say this team looks like one thats likely to challenge for promotion. Despite getting good results I don't think we've looked that good, especially been as our attack seems based around Cooper and I'll be surprised if he's in a red shirt after January (maybe earlier).

On the other hand with injuries to Ray and Jones we do have a few players out of position and it's a credit to Artell he's managed to mould us into a winning side.

So what would you bring in?

I'd be tempted to bring in another centre back or right back, just so we can push Walker in to the midfield

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    Even though we've had a good start the season i wouldn't say this team looks like one thats likely to challenge for promotion. Despite getting good results I don't think we've looked that good, especially been as our attack seems based around Cooper and I'll be surprised if he's in a red shirt after January (maybe earlier).

On the other hand with injuries to Ray and Jones we do have a few players out of position and it's a credit to Artell he's managed to mould us into a winning side.

So what would you bring in?

I'd be tempted to bring in another centre back or right back, just so we can push Walker in to the midfield
    When George Ray's back Brad Walker should be able to play Centre Mid. I'd try and bring in an experienced midfielder to play the role DA wanted Danny Hollands to stay for.

Agree - an experienced midfielder is needed. Must be a few decent ones still looking for a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Agree - an experienced midfielder is needed. Must be a few decent ones still looking for a club.
    I am not sure that bringing in another midfielder (an area we are well blessed with home grown players) is the right thing to do. We don't want to be hampering the progress of Lowery and Ainley to name but 2. I would be more inclined to be looking to cover the potential loss of Cooper or maybe a right back.

I'm not too sure about a midfielder and especially not a defensive minded one, if we had a midfield choice of Walker, Jones, Lowery, Cooper, Wintle there's a lot of quality in there and I think bringing in an old head (who would no doubt want first team football) could stunt the development of Lowery and Wintle.

Wide midfielder would be interesting though, someone to stretch teams and put full backs under pressure

I would like to see us sign a right back to release Perry NG for a defensive midfield role. If we are going to challenge for a top league position we have to strengthen our midlfield which for me is really not strong enough to cope in league2. Not convinced Wintle is a defensive midfielder, would like to see him play in a more atacking midfield position. Lowery may be promising, but at the moment he is not strong enough and not ready for 1st team. For me it is absolutely essential to have Walker in our midfielder which would bring strength to the middle of the park, and a greater link with our forwards.

Another CB and an experienced midfielder would be a nice extra bonus. If we are going to progress it is essential we have a team competing for promotion. Our team should be based on winning if we are going to maintain our Academy. Our Academy graduates must be made to compete for a place in our team, not have a given right.

I can see why Artell is a little nervous of the phone ringing. We have two or three playing exciting football and they will be attracting attention. If money is no object, we lose; but I believe that at this stage and the with the sort of clubs looking around, none will meet Artell’s, or the Boards, valuations.
    Strengthening our squad will either become a desperate, last minute fight, or will be put on the back burner for a few months.

Stubbs a defender signed today. Doesn't he look like his dad!!!!

He does! Hope he plays like his dad too. Still young and learning but hopefully his dad has made him aware of the professional game.