+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stoke city(home)predictions FL trophy

Stoke city(home)predictions FL trophy

A wake up call if ever there was one
    We are about to take part in the check a trade trophy
    One thing that we need to be careful of is not to completely dilute the team with youngsters a healthy balance for a cup we could genuinely have a chance in
    Anyhow a good test to start with and tre pembertons return
    2-0 win.

Ill go 2-1 for us to win. Dont want to risk injuries to players required for valuable league fixtures,also we have 3 Internationals up on duty so get starting with Whittingham,Feeney,Gladwin and Antonsson,as they "need the game time". No harm giving Nuttall a run-out too ......

It sounds like another decent performance, with the blend of experience and youth about right. I think six of the Development Squad got game-time. The clean sheet is always comforting. I hope the injury to Williams isn't something serious.
    It does look as if this lad, Joe Nuttall, is one of those natural goal-scorers.
    A match-report would be appreciated.

It sounds as if all the academy players involved did well and certainly didn't do their chances any harm
    I echo your sentiments on Williams I hope its not serious hopefully the international break came at the right time
    One thing which concerns me is how we made 10 changes and considering we have to only make 7 maximum to keep within the rules means we are heading for a fine and in our situation that's pretty poor stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    It sounds as if all the academy players involved did well and certainly didn't do their chances any harm
    I echo your sentiments on Williams I hope its not serious hopefully the international break came at the right time
    One thing which concerns me is how we made 10 changes and considering we have to only make 7 maximum to keep within the rules means we are heading for a fine and in our situation that's pretty poor stuff.
    I'm hoping the authorities will be sensible, Robin. With international calls, fatigue and injury niggles, TM had a real problem with the regulations. We won the game, anyway, so I'd have thought any punishment would be minimal. The other thing is, we were playing against an Under-23 squad, so it would be illogical to be heavy-handed because we put out some Development players too.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 30-08-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Sadly aucks the authorities are never light on us if anything they use us as an example to any other's wishing to do the same.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)