+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Probably based on that virtually every supporter knows we need some pace up front and we have needed a decent central defender for years, if he is happy then it is going to be another frustrating season-imo.
    Yep, 11 goals conceded in 7 games, if people think Nolan is happy then they're deluded.

Also Stead has something like a 1 goal in every 6 ratio over the last 6 months which is poor as our main striker.

We look improved but still not play off material IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Yep, 11 goals conceded in 7 games, if people think Nolan is happy then they're deluded.

Also Stead has something like a 1 goal in every 6 ratio over the last 6 months which is poor as our main striker.

According to Radio Forest this morning Notts are the least likely of the 3 local clubs to do any business.

Is that lack of ambition or lack of funds or neither ?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Or poor communication by Notts ...
    You of all people should know that journalists have to work for their scoops. Or are you bitter because you never managed any Sid?!

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post

This ^^^^^ to be honest I don't know what the hell is going on, many on here can see where the problems are in the team/squad of players we have, not good enough in defence, lightweight in midfield and up front.....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    It's got to be said that George Hirst would be a really exciting signing. His record for England U17-U20 teams is better than 1 in 2. I'd back him to get 20 goals for us this season.

At the same time I can also understand our reservation at making him our best-paid signing, especially if it would put the noses if our senior pros out of joint.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...effield-398581
    He USED to be a great player - a hat-trick in a World Cup final and a Knighthood says it all, but that was over fifty years ago, I would have though he would be a bit past it now.

The reaction of the media to 'Transfer deadline day' is nothing short of hysterical and totally misplaced. As for the BBC running a 24 hour update on it, I'm baffled.
    Would we be even this concerned if the USA and North Korea were about to go to war?
    Today's news values have me at a loss for words.
    As for Notts: at least it's not about ridiculously inflated sums of money, but they certainly need a couple more players, one at the front and one at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    Maybe the bit of a budget we had left has been pumped into Ilson ?

How many times does Alan Hardy have to deny this ?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    You of all people should know that journalists have to work for their scoops. Or are you bitter because you never managed any Sid?!
    Actually, Queenie, I had two big scoops - one of them a murder story, but your concept of 'working for a scoop' seems to equate with manufacturing a story - done by the Blackmail and the Scum but never by Guardian writers.

Leigh Curtis‏Verified account @LeighCurtis_NP 3h3 hours ago

Expecting quiet deadline day at Notts. Striker is a possibility. Looking at one from Championship. Not Walker or Hirst.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    How many times does Alan Hardy have to deny this ?
    Many people have denied many things in the past but there is only one way for him to disprove it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast