+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Here is a thought... if Nolan is happy with his squad, why would he want anyone else?
    It is his job and he will sink or swim. There is no point Nolan signing someone because Durhampie, Sidders, Proudpie (i name you 3 for no reason what so ever, just remembered you) or anyone else who thinks this player or that player is **** on some website or other social network site.
    Although I agree that we could improve the side, Nolan seems content with players he has, and that chaps is all that matters.
    Nolan may say he is happy with his squad in public as he doesn't want to cause unrest with those players. I can't believe he isn't looking to strengthen upfront though.

I very much doubt that Nolan is 'happy' with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    I very much doubt that Nolan is 'happy' with the team.
    Your statement is based on what?

At our level it's always a compromise between who you want, what you can afford, and what you reckon you can make of the incumbent sow's ears.

Right now I'm happy to see management going the develop what we've got route, there's been far too many fly-by-night wasters coming and failing over the Trew era. I think that's a cr@p way to run things. The team might not be shoe-in promotion quality, but if we can get up a head of steam and get the players playing for each other and Nozza, then we'll be 'right.

I reserve the right to change my mind if we're in the relegation zone by xmas.

It's not a statement, it's an opinion.

Sometimes they are even allowed on here, but only sometimes...

It's got to be said that George Hirst would be a really exciting signing. His record for England U17-U20 teams is better than 1 in 2. I'd back him to get 20 goals for us this season.

At the same time I can also understand our reservation at making him our best-paid signing, especially if it would put the noses if our senior pros out of joint.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...effield-398581

Probably based on that virtually every supporter knows we need some pace up front and we have needed a decent central defender for years, if he is happy then it is going to be another frustrating season-imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    It's got to be said that George Hirst would be a really exciting signing. His record for England U17-U20 teams is better than 1 in 2. I'd back him to get 20 goals for us this season.

At the same time I can also understand our reservation at making him our best-paid signing, especially if it would put the noses if our senior pros out of joint.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...effield-398581
    I honestly don't care what the senior pros think about a young kid earning more than them. How many of our senior pros have his record at England U21 level? If he comes and scores 15+ goals, he'll be worth it. Decent strikers are the difference between promotion and mid-table. And if the pros get upset and it affects their performance, they can't really call themselves pros.

Injuries to Grant and Brisley could very much spell disaster for us. We need more quality in attack and defence. Especially as I truly believe it's a season too far for Stead

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast